Chapter 77: That's no reason

This chapter contains vulgar language.

Be prepared!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These words rung in your mind like an unending echo. Wait... What did he just say? Did you hear him correctly?

They want you... Dead?

Was that really such a big surprise though? Haven't they tried to kill you continuously? You were merely extremely lucky that you had escaped them on several occasions. Or you were saved by Jeff, who wanted to have the pleasure to himself.

Either way you were still here, yet by the clown's voice you knew this was a more serious threat than the other times.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Your voice was almost shaking and you stared at the clown with fear filling your veins and head. He kept looking at you, his steel grip still present as his nails dug deeper into your shoulders. As if he was enjoying the sight before him, enjoying the fear and weakness you displayed.

"I can't believe you missed that..." He ignored your question completely.

"Wasn't that plainly obvious?"

You flinched a little when you remembered the time Masky tried to end you, when he had smashed your hand to bits. The fire in his eyes... The sockets of his mask were burning with a sensation you had only recognized once within yourself.

If that hooded guy hadn't stopped him...

But that was different, you were being difficult then. Even though you hated to say it; you gave a reason for him to kill you. Not complying to what he wanted, what they needed. You were being stubborn and that had ticked him off.

The other time was when that blue masked guy chased you through the maze. But... that was because you were an easy prey. A treat walking around waiting to get ripped apart by a killer. You had no one to protect you and above all had no idea where to go. You were lost in the unending maze of suffering, like a little, motherless deer. Again... You gave him a reason to kill you.

Or... That time when you had run away, trying to avoid the inevitable and somehow magically escape the mansion... It was as if you had planned to get fed to the wolves as a fancy dinner, as if you wanted it. That was completely your fault, giving them even more than one reason to kill you.

But that last time... When that little girl showed up and messed with your mind. When those tentacles dragged you forcefully out of the safety of this room... That was a well-thought out attack, something which was planned.

It was different from the hatred Masky showed towards you, different from the bloodlust that eyeless guy showed towards you. Different... From the natural urges those wolves displayed to you.

That was the thing which scared you the most... You had no chance of winning this tiring fight if they were deliberately targeting you.

"I-I don't u-understand! Why would they want me dead? I have no use for them and I'm certainly no threat..." You couldn't think of any reason those killers didn't like your presence around here. You were residing in Jeff's room.

Well, most of the time.

Sure, you came out on several occasions, some which might have angered them, but what wasn't a solid enough reason to get rid of you, right? Why would they think of you as annoying? As a burden? As something that needed disposal of? Why would they go through so many lengths to get you, to kill you?

You, a weak, inferior human?

You didn't dare to look in the silvery, cold eyes of the monochrome clown, afraid that they would show you something even your wildest nightmares wouldn't show. Afraid... That they might show you the truth.