Chapter 36: No

Note:
this chapter contains vulgar language, Be prepared!

Chapter (Chapter 34: the chase) is NOT a separate decision chapter. It is linked to chapter 30 and the decision you made there.
In chapter (chapter 3o: The key) you could choose whether to keep the key or to put it back down. If you didn't choose just yet then go back to chapter 30 and choose. If you did choose, then consider all of the above not written.

If you did NOT take the key, then you're at the right chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn it! You didn't take they key! Why did you nearly always wanted to play safe and just put it back! You should've listened to your feelings and keep it! You stupid, stupid person! There is no time for fucking regret, just run!

You gave this door one last desperate tug before you realized it was truly locked. You then quickly shot to the side, into another corridor. The footsteps of the masked man following you still remained and you knew you couldn't maintain this running for a long time.

You would eventually grow tired, your muscles would protest even more and then you would collapse. This weird killer following you would have free game and could do anything he wanted. You didn't even want to think about what he would do with that scalpel.

What were you going to do now? You need to keep running, for your own sake. You couldn't escape this hellhole on your own, you needed someone. Jeff wasn't here; maybe he was in one of these corridors? You couldn't really do anything more than run though.

You just prayed to god that you would find him if he was here.

The footsteps behind you came closer and closer and you felt your own body beginning to counteract even more. Your muscles began to feel sore and they stung like a mad bee. Your pace began to get slower and you knew this was it, you couldn't run anymore.

Then suddenly, out of the darkness, a door popped up. It was a similar door to the one you had found a few moments ago. This door was also made from metal like material and heavy looking. Wait a second, this was the door! You now remembered!

You whole heart filled itself with hope as you used the last of your energy to make one last sprint towards it. You hoped that it wouldn't be locked like the first time you came in here. But... If this was the right door, then what was that other door?'

Were you really sure this was the right door?

You did recognize this door though, but then again you also recognized the other door. No time for thinking, even if you were uncertain whether this was the right door you had nowhere to go, so you had set your money on the only thing which was left.

This door.

You didn't even make attempts to stop as you got close to this door. You knew that once you would slow down he would get to you. This man was fast alright. When you were almost there you had reached out your hand in order to grab the handle as soon as you could.

If this door would also be locked then it was all over. You would be released into the afterlife. But you had to try first; the only thing keeping you running was your hope, your hope of ever escaping this place and leaving it all behind you.

In only a flash of a second, you felt the cold piece of metal colliding with your hand. It now felt as if it all was going in slow-motion. The footsteps of the blue masked killer being the only sound you could hear, aside from your racing heartbeat.

A shock of pain coursed through your body as your stretched arm partially stopped your body from crashing into this door. At the same time you used all of your power to push the handle down and thus opening the door... That is if it was open.