Chapter 59: To the left

Note:

This chapter contains vulgar language and spiritual themes, nothing written here can be interpreted as the ultimate truth! be prepared!

In the last chapter (Chapter 57, The ultimate decision) You could choose whether to go right towards the light or to go left towards the darkness. If you didn't choose just yet then go back to chapter 57 and choose.

If you did pick your decision then consider all of the above not written and go on with the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were staring at the white ground, constantly being plagued by irrational and selfish thoughts. You wanted to walk towards the light, finally be freed from this unmistakable curse... But you couldn't. Everything in your mind screamed to accept it, to leave the whole world behind.

But you simply could not comply.

Your heart wanted you to go back, walk towards the darker portal and into your own life again. Why would you waste such opportunity? Why would you even want to go to the light whilst you're given the chance to live again?

Some people would've done anything for this decision you're given and you just throw it away like nothing.

No, that doesn't seem right. You knew what you had to do. You knew what you needed to do. Your head snapped towards the left, glaring nearly angrily at the dark portal before you took a deep breath. You were thinking this through, but what exactly was there to think about?

Do you want to live or do you want to die?

As you swallowed the lump in your throat you slowly took one step towards the darker portal. Each centimetre you came closer made you feel more aware, more in pain and more determined... Yet you felt more alive. It was as if you could feel your blood flowing again.

Feel your heart beating again, your skin throbbing and your feet colliding with the cold floor. Every step you took pulled you closer towards your living body, towards every pain and discomfort you had felt before you passed out.

Oh god... What had happened to your body? Did Jeff drag you back? All the way to the mansion to patch you up? No... You were in limbo meaning that you had died... Or maybe not... You couldn't just rise from the death could you?

Then what has become of you in the living world? Correction, what has become of your body? Was it really that bad, that mutilated? You were feeling anxious about this all, but you were constantly reminding yourself not to be overwhelmed by your doubt.

You were walking towards the darkness, towards your life. The dark surrounding did make you feel extremely uncomfortable but the more it engulfed you the more it looked like a dark tunnel. A dark tunnel with no end, or an end you couldn't see clearly.

Whatever it was with your discomfort also came your determination, the only thing keeping you walking. Why you were still walking this way was even to you a question. But you trusted Lola. You knew that she had more in store for you.

Your life, how rough, unfair and extremely painful it may be, had some meaning.

Whatever this meaning was had yet to come to mind, but you knew that it would come eventually. You knew that you weren't given this chance for no reason. You were a strong individual, strong enough to face death and turn the other way.

Strong enough to ignore the constant calling of heaven and replace it with the unsuitable and painful voice of the darkness which was life. Your hand had clenched itself into a fist as you kept walking in a slow pace. The tunnel still didn't seem to end and unable to fight the urge you took a glance over your shoulder.