"Some of the guys under the freeway are missing." Ben said, stopping his dad from pushing them from the office.

"Is someone taking them? Some thing? Is it some vampires going overboard? Some werewolves mistake? Is there something?" Luke asked, rambling out questions, he wanted to know, he deserved to know now that he was one of The Chosen.

"No." The Sheriff said once again, "we're not having this discussion, and Luke, don't you dare bring my son in to this again." He threatened lightly.

Luke gulped, "and what would you do?"

The Sheriff stayed quiet, he knew if anything happened to Luke that Reece would kill him instantly.

"Fine I'll ask Reece about it." Luke then said, making the Sheriff shake his head as he laughed bitterly. "What?"

"Reece doesn't know."

"He's the head of the vampires, he has to know!" Ashton said bewildered, surely being in charge of an entire species of a town full, Reece would know a thing or two.

The Sheriff went back to his desk, moving a folder around, "I know every single person in this town, every monster, so I can protect you human kids. Reece only looks after his kind, doesn't care for humans or anyone else."

Luke glared, he knew Reece cared about the humans too, Luke was once one until recently. "We'll figure out ourselves then."

"Good luck with that," The Sheriff said, looking Luke in the face, "if you get close to it, they'll kill you."

The three of them left the house, driving up to Reece's scary looking mansion. They knocked on the door, "you don't have a key already?" Ashton asked with a snort. "Considering he's basically dragged you in to being a witch."

Then the door opened, "what was the Irwin?" Reece asked.

Ashton gulped, "uh—"

"Exactly." Reece grinned, then looked down at Luke, "what can I do for you?"

"We have some questions." Luke said, "you know we went to help the homeless, well someone went missing. In fact someone in my History class went missing last weekend, we thought he'd just gone home to his parents but at this point I don't know what to think." Luke sighed, "is there anyway it could possibly be your guys?"

Reece shook his head, leaning against the doorframe, "Nope, all my guys are on blood bags." Reece then smirked, "well except me of course."

Luke blushed, "now's not the time to flirt." He reached his hand to his neck, remembering where Reece had bit him.

"Ew." Ben mumbled.

"So it's not the vampires?" Luke reiterated.

"No Luke."

"Werewolves?" Ashton asked, "would Calum know?"

"Calum wouldn't know, even if his people were killing everyone right in front of him, the boys clueless." Reece said, "the people most likely to go around taking people is Wendigo's."

Ashton sucked in a breath, "Are you fucking serious?"

"What?" Luke questioned.

"Well of my knowledge through TV shows, Wensigo's eat people, they're cannibals." Ashton explained, remembering Supernatural and Teen Wolf, he then turned to Reece, "Are you really saying, and be sure about this, that Wendigo's are eating people in this town, which I happen to fucking live in?"

Reece shrugged, "not the stupidest thing I've ever heard." He said, scratching at his beard.

Luke stared at him, "and you're not stopping it?"

Reece sighed, there was rules and he had to abide by them, "from what you've said it's just people who no one knows or cares about that are being taken."

Luke's eyes widened, "I just said someone in my history class went missing last week! No one can get ahold of him! Our class is fucking tight Reece!"

Reece reached forward and grabbed Luke by the back of his neck, pulling him in to his arms, "chill, look I'll ask around and see what's happening and if I find anything, I'll tell you." Reece said, trying to soothe Luke.

"How can we stop it?" Luke asked as he leant in to Reece chest, he was wearing a warm sweater today, it was soft.

"You can't." Reece said, looking at Ashton and Ben, "I'm not allowed to interfere with other monsters and their business it's the rules."

Luke pulled back, "fuck the rules!"

Ben let out a sigh, "this was ridiculous, we're getting no where."

Luke grabbed Reece's sweater in his fists, "take me to your next meeting I want to meet everyone."

Reece let out an obnoxious snort, "Oh god no baby, that's the last thing I'll ever do."

"Why?"

"They don't all look human, you might be a bit freaked out afterwards." Reece explained, "there's more than just people like me and Calum here Luke, you've gotta trust me to sort this out and I don't think I can do much about it."

Luke stared up at Reece and shook his head, letting go of Reece and taking a step closer to Ashton, "people are dying, I'm not giving up Reece."

Luke went down the steps of the house, ignoring Reece's calls as the three got in to the car. But then Reece was at Luke's door, yanking the door open and Luke cursed his super speed. "Luke." Reece bent down to Luke's eye level, "look I adore you but you're new to this."

Luke gave Reece an expecting look, "unless you're saying I can go to the meeting I'm not listening."

Reece let out a growl of annoyance and grabbed Luke's thigh, he closed his eyes, letting out a sigh and calmed down—Luke could be a pain in the ass when he wanted to be. "Fine."

Luke beamed.

"You can come but if you get all—" Reece wiggled his hands in Luke's face, "—then it's your fault and you can't come crying to me when you realise the truth about this town."

Luke nodded, "I'll be fine." He tugged Reece down for a kiss, the brunet cupping Luke's face and getting enough for a few days worth before Luke pulled away.

Reece stood up and shut the car door, watching as the car drove away from the house. "He's going to be the fucking death of me." Reece grumbled as he headed back inside the warm house.

-

Reece is what? Whipped.

FEEDBACK

People going missing?

What the Sheriff said?

Visiting Reece?

Reece letting him come along to the next meeting? What kind of people will be there?