86 - Aurora's Discovery

Start from the beginning

With Rachel's help, I am well on my way to learning the truth of our past and perhaps this may soon open the doors to creating artificial vessels and more...... the potential of this technology could prove irreplaceable! If we can harness the ability of creating mindless elemental vessels from scratch, so many lives can be saved in war, drug development, clinical trials....... ressurection! There is so much to be gained from this line and once I have completed my work on discovering this history, I will begin on this project immediately. With my dearest Rachel at my side nothing could ever go wrong! On top of this, we have the full backing and support of Regulus Fenix himself! He has provided a great deal of finance under the single term being that we work towards reviving the first vessel, Zephyrus. Though it concerned me at first, he stated that he believes that would be a great way to hasten research and save the clan money, a resource we are slowly losing. I understand the risk, but I am willing to take it as success would mean a great return to all of mankind and elimination of many global problems. He states that he has other motives for returning the Vessel to life and though Rachel harbours suspicions and caution, I trust in our leader and we will work to make Fenix proud.
~07/12/5399

I can't believe it..... Something I had never even knew I wanted to hear was told to me today..... and I am sooo damn happy! I've never felt an ecstasy or pleasure that comes close to this and I don't know if I ever will. In short, Ray had been looking somewhat worried earlier and I asked her about this with hesitation. With that killer smile of hers though, she gave me the announcement of a century; I am going to be a father!
~16/08/5401

That damn worthless bastard! I'll never forgive him! He tricked us.... coerced us into doing his nefarious plans to seize more power and then when he was found out he did the most vile of acts, pinning the blame entirely on me and my friends! He made us take his fall and then made us all suffer: myself, my friends and all who were close to us; women, children, elderly..... none of that mattered. He exiled us all. Worst of all he made me believe Rachel would be fine...... I did the experiment on her believing in him and the finance as well as facilities which if we had would have made her remain healthy and safe until delivering my child whom would posess DNA from Zephyrus himself. But that fucking bastard! He took everything from us and now Rachel is slowly dying.... along with our baby. Without the resources I can't do anything to save her anymore and it's all my fault! I was so desperate to see this research to its end that I ignored her warnings about the Regulus' terms and that bastard just turned around and stabbed us in the back. It's all my fault.... the blood of hers and our little one.... they both will stain my hands in a matter of a month.... but I swear! Mark my words Horus Fenix! I will not rest until I make you watch everyone you love and care for be slaughtered in cold blood and then I shall destroy everything you have built for yourself then in the end, I won't kill you. No... you deserve far worse than death!
~23/09/5401

This man...... Kristæl Zephyr..... why? Why does he do this? Who are we.... who am I to him? And yet... he comes to our aid. Everything I've ever heard about that clan was painted in a negative light. Images of ruthless savages and heartless warriors are all we have been shown and yet a man destined to rule that clan has appeared to save me when even my own family of Fenix has shunned us. I am forever indebted to you Kristæl, son of the Zephyr Clan. You have given me hope.
~01/10/5401

The day has finally come yet I feel no pain. I have looked forward to this too but I feel no joy. I am broken. I am destroyed. An empty husk. A bare shell. I held her hands and looked upon her joyous smile and tear-filled eyes as Rachel breathed her final breath while holding our child in her motherly arms. She will never see it grow into a leader and it will never know the caress of its mother. We won't be able to grow old together and look forward to the days our child visits us old folks..... Our family is now shambles. You were my light Rachel. Without you, I can no longer see. I have lost sight of my goals and aspirations. I can no longer stride to that clear future, only stumble in uncertain darkness. If the people at Fenix are reguarded as angels then I swear upon my life that I will groom our baby into an unstoppable demon that will wreck havoc on those bastards. Until my final breath I will act to avenge you my dear and I will never falter until it is done. This child holds the blood of Zephyrus in his veins. He will rule this world and none will get in his way!
~17/04/5402"

"What the hell am I seeing?!" I exclaimed, "I thought Evelynn said that the child with the DNA of Zephyrus died along with his mother?! This must be false. She shouldn't have been able to live that long....... wait, there's a final page. An image of the child?"

"So you found this place? It was a mere coincidence but I must say I am inpressed at your abilities Aurora."

A chill ran down my spine as the voice adressed me. I turned towards the door and, within the shadows, I could make out a hood-wearing silhouette.

"What?! Who are you?!" I screamed.

"Me? The name's Blaze," the figure snickered stepping out into the light and removing the hood.

"What.... what are you doing here?!" I cried out.

"Look at the image of the child inside the envelope on the last page," the figure stated nonchalantly. I did as told and immediately I froze.

"It.... It was you!" I shouted in disbelief, "Oh God, this is bad! I have to tell them before something happens to them!"

"Don't worry," the child of Duran grinned, "you won't be making it out of here anyway because I'm gonna need to have you be quiet for just a little while."

A.N ~ Uploads have recently become inconsistent and I apologise for this. Things should return to normal from this week but I can't promise it due to personal tribulations I've been handling the past few weeks. I hope you continue to enjoy and until next time, thank you for your time.