Chapter 68, A loss...

*Atem's POV. This is in between Yugi's return and the car crash with him...*

"Mana mind telling me why there is a little baby in here?" I asked and tried to ignore his crying. The compassion between him and Yugi is on point, and it's killing me.

"I don't even know. We found him on the outside of the house and it started to rain. We couldn't leave him out there. But come on he is quite cute though," she said and picked him up. "So should we give him a name? He was left without a name."

"I'm...not really good with names. You know this, you're rather good with names so why don't you? I have stuff I need to think about," I said and got up. With Yugi safely away and with Pegasus having no knowledge this is going smoothly....too smoothly. 

I know what is coming though...I will die soon. Ishizu came by and had told me so but she never mentioned anything about this baby. "Hey I have an idea for him. Since he such a little bundle of joy why don't we call him Heba?" she said and I thought about it. The name means gift from the gods...I wonder what made her think of that name.

"Yeah. Heba it is then. I wonder where he came from, and where are his parents." I said out loud and Mana nodded her head. I haven't told her....what I have been informed of my death. "Mana....I think it's time I told you something."

"Your gonna die soon. I know this," she said and gave me Heba. "I wish you would of told me instead of Ishizu..." her voice is starting to break...I can't blame her. "Do you know how hard this is for me. To be told that my one and only best friend in the world is going to die and I'm left with a baby boy to look after on my own!!"

"That's why your not keeping him!!!" I yelled and she froze. I put Heba down in his cot and looked back at the now frightened Mana. "Mana listen to me carefully. I'm going to give you directions to where Price Yami's palace is. A war will begin soon between him and Pegasus and I will be joining it, no objections. You will take Heba and leave him in the hands of Yami and his workers."

"Nonono!!! That's how you are going to die Atem!!! Fighting in a war that has nothing to do with you!!! Why I don't understand any of this!!!" she yelled and punched my chest. She kept going at it and I let her, until she tired out and leaned against me for support. "please....I don't wanna lose you."

"Sorry Mana but I have already made up my mind to go through with this. I know this might be the last time we see each other so I'll say this now. You have been there for me my entire life and kept me going. I couldn't of made it without my best friend and couldn't ask for another. Will you look after Heba please?" I asked and hugged her. She had broke down, completely sobbing in my arms and had a tight grip on my shirt.

"okay...I-I will..."

*Back to the present. Yami's POV*

"No!! Atem stay with me!!" I cried and cradled him in my arms. He had already lost a huge amount of blood, the gun shoot is right near his heart...he isn't going to survive... "Please you can't die!! Not here!!! Not like this!!!"

He coughed up blood and just started to laugh. "W-well I guess..I c-could say I s-saw this coming," he said and looked at his hand he had over his chest which was covered in blood. "P-promise me Yami...y-you'll take care of Yugi and H-Heba..."

Wait how does he know about Heba? I didn't tell him. I chose not to ask him and nodded my head gaining a smile from him. "Ya know...a few weeks ago...if I-I could of I would of ripped your throat out...Y-Yugi was the only one stopping me..."

"Stop talking. We can-we can still save you so shut up!!" I yelled and tried to pick him up but he was putting his fully body weight down. "COme on work with me here!!"

"N-no can do. I'm gonna die here no matter what... might as well start looking for Yugi...he disappeared o-once I pushed him out of the way of getting shot..." he mumbled and tried looking around. "H-He is a dough ball...I hope he is alright..."

His voice is starting to go....and the life in his eyes. "Please Atem...your a pain but I-I don't want you to die..." I said and my voice cracked a little itself. 

"heh...it's funny. Love rivals that were tempted to kill each other and now y-your crying for me. I-I wonder if Yugi will cry too..." he said and started to close his eyes. This was it...the end of this. "i-i won't lie...I'll miss...you all..."

The whole area went silent, just my sobs could be heard. I'm responsible for this...he has died in my arms.... "Yami!!!" I heard but didn't bother to turn around. Seto came up behind me with a few others and they scanned the area, one cuffing up Pegasus. Seto came to the side of me and crouched down. "He didn't make it did he?"

"find Yugi..." I mumbled and laid Atem down on the ground as gentle as I could. "Scan the area now!!! Yugi has gone missing and we need to find him now!!!"

Some of the men sprinted off in different directions but I knelled back down to Atem. I wanted to question Seto to why he was here and not back fighting...but my mind was still lingering on what I had just witnessed...

I'm so sorry Atem...you will not be forgotten...

Sad chapter....The death of Atem has finally happened...So it turns our he was the first one to have Heba but where did he really come from? What will happen now to Yami? Where is Yugi!?!?!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!