Chapter 19 - ❛No❜

It was odd for Zayn to wake up the way he did. He woke to the sound of yelling and a few bangs here and there. He was confused to say the least. He held other emotions, along with confusion, a main one being worry.

He started to worry the second he noticed Justin wasn't laying next to him. He climbed out of the bed faster than his feet really allowed him causing him to stumble. He would have been embarrassed if it wasn't for him being alone.

As Zayn walked down the hallway, he picked up on the voices. Instantly recognizing one as Justin's and the other as a much deeper voice. He didn't know who it belonged to but he was very close to finding out.

When he reached the living room, he was startled by the sight. Justin had a very buff man pinned against the wall and there was a woman sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes.

"Justin!" Zayn hissed as he ripped Justin off of the man.

Even though the man was beyond buff he still appeared to be struggling.

"God damn it, Zayn! Let me go!" Justin growled, struggling against the grip Zayn had on his biceps.

"Calm down." Zayn whispered in his ear.

And even though Justin wanted more then anything to pin his dad back up against the wall he let his body calm. It was always calming being in Zayn's arms.

"Who are they?" Zayn asked as his eyes locked with the angry bloke still up against the wall.

"My parents." Justin mumbled as he turned around in Zayn's arm.

And as if he hadn't done enough of it already he started crying.

"Get out." Zayn demanded, glaring at the women he now knew was Pattie.

"Excuse me?" The man said, walking towards the pair.

Zayn let out a dry chuckle. It was funny that the man thought he could intimate Zayn. It wasn't as though he was invincible but he was never one to back away from a challenge.

"Get out of my house. Now." Zayn all but growled, absent-mindley rubbing small circles into Justin back.

The man didn't argue any farther, he just glared at the pair before he walked towards the door.

"Let's go Patricia."

Zayn gritted his teeth in annoyance, hating the fact that she held the same name as his wonderful mother.

Though Zayn wanted nothing more than to watch her walk out of the door, he couldn't allow it, "No, she can stay."

Justin tensed in his arm, obviously not sure what Zayn was getting up to. The man tightened his grip on the handle as he watched Pattie take her place back on the couch.

"I'll be out in a few minutes, Scott." She said, her voice shaky.

Scott didn't say anything after that, only walking out and slamming the door behind him. Justin jumped at the sudden noise causing Zayn's hold on him to tighten.

"You're alright, yeah?" Zayn asked softly.

"Hmm." He hummed as he buried his face in the crook of Zayn neck.

"I love you." Zayn said softly.

That made Justin smile, just as Zayn hoped.

"I love you, too." He mumbled pulling their bodies impossibly close.

Even though Pattie had witnessed the entire thing, they didn't know. They had no clue that they were being watched.

"Justin, could we talk?" Pattie said in a quite voice.

Justin replied with a harsh no, earning a gasp from both Zayn and Pattie. It wasn't as though he cared, they could gasp all they wanted. But Justin knew that Pattie no longer deserved his time of the day.

"Babe."

Justin knew that Zayn was trying to send him a subtle warning but he couldn't care less. He was completely done with his moms bullshit.

"I just want to talk sweetie." She said with a small smile.

"So talk." He snapped.

Justin feld bad for talking to his mom the way he did, it wasn't something he usually did.

"Alone please."

"Anything-" Justin started ready to say they can speak with Zayn around.

"Justin, just talk with her." Zayn said cutting him off.

Justin whispered a quick okay before pulling out of Zayn's arms.

"I'll be in the room if you need me." He said, kissing Justin's forehead before he walked away.

He heard a faint, I love you coming from Pattie before both voices were out of earshot.

And Zayn only really hoped that things would be better by the end of the conversation.

❀✿❀✿❀

authors note ; so this is in third persons bc it was originally suppose to have smut, but oops.

thank y'all for getting me this close to ten k.

QOTC: nouis, niam or lilo?

dedicated to Danique as a congrats on her story reaching 11k

anywoo, vote and comment please

- Kali