Chapter 18 - ❛Hmm❜

[ Justin ]

I pulled away from Zayn seeing as I was finally done crying. I wanted to stay in Zayn's arm forever but I was sure he was tired of holding me and I'm almost positive he's tired of hearing me cry.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, burying my face in one of the couch pillows.

"Why're you sorry babe?" Zayn asked as he rubbed small circles into my back.

I didn't respond because I didn't know how to. I honestly didn't really know why I was sorry, I just was. I felt sorry for Zayn, honestly.

I was actually sorry for many things. I was sorry that he had to put up with my bullshit. I was sorry that he had to deal with me crying all the time. And I was sorry that he decided to fall in love with me.

I've never understood it, I never knew why he wanted someone like me. I had so much baggage, so many flaws, so many broken pieces, so many reasons for a person not to be with me.

"Justin." Zayn said causing my heart beat to pick up.

Even though we've been together for a while now, my heart still skips a beat at the sound of his voice.

I wanted to respond, I wanted to have a conversation just to hear his voice but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to talk to him, it was like my tongue was caught in a rabbit trap.

"Baby." He mumbled just before he pressed his lips to the back of my neck.

"Stop it." I said but my voice was muddled by the pillow.

"Fine." He huffed out.

I could feel the weight of his body lift from the couch, then I heard light footsteps. I only lifted my head to see where he had gone but he wasn't gone, he was right in front of me.

He gave me a small smile before sitting on the coffee in front of me. He looked like a parent, ready to give me bad news and it was a bit heartbreaking.

He looked at me with a very expecting look, obviously wanted to know what was running through my head. I didn't know what say, I couldn't think of a way to speak my thoughts.

"Why?" I whispered, my voice seeming very scratchy.

Zayn looked at me with a very confused expression, before returning a question, "why what?"

"Why are you with me?" I said dropping my gaze almost instantly.

"Justin I-"

"No Zayn, really, why do you want someone like me? I'm just a little bitch who cries all the time. I mean you could be with Louis, he's obviously in love with you and I bet he'd be a better boyfriend than I could ever be. or you could be with that Niall guy, you're always talking about how amazing he is."

"Or maybe, Liam. Yeah, Liam's an awesome dude, I bet you two would be perfect together. There's-"

He cut me off, "I don't want to be with any of them Justin. Sure, Niall's an amazing guy but he's just my best mate. I'd never want anything more with him. And Louis may be in love with me but I'll never return the feelings. And Liams just a mate I've none since pre-k, I couldn't even imagine being with him."

"Look babe, I just want you that's it. All your flaws, mistakes, smiles, giggles, jokes. Everything. I just want you."

We sat in silence for a few minutes after that. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence but I wanted it to end.

"Zayn?" I whispered as I set my hand in his leg.

"Hmm?" He hummed, starting to play with my fingers.

"Could you maybe sing for me?"

"Sure babe." He gave me a weak smile before standing up and sitting next to me.

"Settle down with me, cover me up, cuddle me in.

Lie down with me and hold me in your arms."

His voice was soft as he pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arm around me.

"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck.

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead, pulling away with a small smile.

"And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now; kiss me like you wanna be loved. You wanna be loved, ou wanna be loved.

This feels like falling in love, falling in love. We're falling in love."

His voice grew softer as he trailed kisses along my neck, bringing me to a source of bliss. I closed my eyes, loving the feel of his lips on my neck.

It was a feeling I'd never be tired of.

❀✿❀✿❀

authors note ; so, so sorry for the wait guys. I had gush for a brain this week, so I couldn't think of annny ideas

but thank you so, so, sooo much for 8k, it means a lot. ily.

QOTC: what's your middle name?

anywoo, vote and comment please

- Kali