A Chance to Be Normal Pt.1

Hi! This is one of the special chapters I was talking about. I hope you enjoy it. 😊

Donatello had been acting strange for the past couple months.

He constantly stayed cooped up in his lab by himself day and night.

There had been plenty of other times when he'd been in the lab for more than 24 hours but now you had started to worry.

You went up to the lab entrance and were about to go in when you heard voices. You peeked through the crack in the doors to see Donatello and Splinter talking.

"How much longer until they are ready?"

"Not too long. I've been making more special modifications to them."

"Do your best to hurry then. I need them by the end of this month."

'What could they be talking about?' You thought to yourself.

After a moment Splinter walked out passing you. You went over to Donatello.

"I made lunch for you since you haven't left your lab in days. May I ask what you have been working on so intently?"

"Oh, you know, things."

He was hiding something. You could see it in his eyes.

"Well, what kind of things are you working on?"

"Science things."

"Alright... Well, enjoy your sandwich.." You backed out eyeing him suspiciously.

Whatever he was up to probably wasn't bad, but you still wanted to know what it was.

You decided to go to Splinter to see if you could get anything out of him.

"Are you busy, Dear?"

"Not at all, what did you need?"

"I was just wondering, do you have any clue about what Donatello has been working on?"

He made the same facial expression Donatello had made a moment ago. They were both hiding whatever it was.

"I'm afraid I do not know what you are talking about."

"Really? Our son had been in his lab for more than a month only leaving to patrol and go to the bathroom, and you have no idea what he's up to?"

"Well dear, boys his age usually spend a lot of time alone when they-"

"Too much information!" You cut him off

"Whatever it is I am sure he will be done soon."

"If you say so..." You backed out of the room giving him the 'I'm watching you' hand signal.

Why would the two of them be hiding something from you?

Your birthday wasn't for another few months, Mother's Day and Christmas had already passed, there was no reason you could think of.

At this point, there was only one person you knew you could go to for information. Rosie.

You sat with her at her little table as she poured you a cup of fake tea.

"Hello Mother, what can I do for you?"

"What do you know about what your father and brother are doing?"

"Hmm, I don't seem to recall anything." She scratched her chin.

"How about now?" You rolled your eyes and handed her a pack of M&M's.

She tucked the candy up her sleeve "Daddy has a surprise he's asked Donnie to work on for you."

"Do you know what the surprise is?"

"Gee, I don't recall. I may need a little something to jog my memory." She held out her hand.

You grumbled and handed her another pack of M&M's.

"He said it was something you would really enjoy. That's all I know."

"But there has to be-"

"Ah- I have given you all the information I have."

You got up and left.

I'd tell you what it is myself, (Y/N), but I don't wanna spoil the surprise 😉.