Summer crush or worse?

I was sitting at home thinking about the best thing to do this summer. The only thing I kept thinking about was how I flacked out the last day of school. It wasn't my fault that I had the world's biggest crush on the cutest guy in school. Just my luck-he happened to be the most popular one too. Freaking great if you ask me! Suddenly I heard a thud come from downstairs. It must be my brother Dave and his stupid friend Kevin. Those two idiots are always butting heads! I rushed over to my bedroom door and opened it. "Dave, keep it quiet down there!" I shouted.

"Or what?" Wait. Did he just challenge me?

"Do you really wanna go there with me?" I said evenly.

I could hear him gulp from where I stood. My older brother Dave knew better then to mess with me. He thinks he can rule the world just because he's seventeen and I'm sixteen. Please! "Sorry." He mumbled.

"She always gets you!" Kevin said mockingly.

Oh, great! Just what I needed. Kevin and his air-brained remarks. "Shut up, Kevin!" I complained.

"Aw, come on, baby. Don't be like that." He whined. Seriously? He thinks I have the hots for him just because I was dared to kiss him last summer. Ever since then he's been bugging me.

"Gross." Was all I said before shutting the door. I don't know why these things happen to me. I feel like a complete dork. I remembered the look on Josh's (my crush) face as I stood in front of him mumbling like a fool. I groaned and covered my head with a pillow. I really hope he doesn't think I'm as pathetic as I think I am. That would just be horrible. Just then I heard my bedroom door crack open. I remained still. No one who walked through that door could make me feel any better.

"What's wrong with you?" Sue asked. Ah, I could always count on my very negative, sarcastic, and painfully honest best friend Sue to cheer me up.

"Nothing. Just the usual-my world is coming to an end-drama." I spoke into my pillow. When she didn't answer me I tugged the pillow away from my head. "What?" I gawked at her.

"Josh?" She asked with a tint in her eyes. She hated him because he wouldn't give me the time of day and for that exact reason I loved her.

"Yup."

"What happened?" She laid beside me on my bed. I turned my head to stare at her. She focused on the ceiling.

I took a short breath before answering her. "I was cleaning out my locker when he walked down the hall. We were the only two in the fourth floor hallway, which is pretty weird because everyone is usually up there-" Sue cut me off.

"Can we get to the point?" She huffed.

"Alright! Alright!" I cleared my throat. "So like I was saying. He was walking down the hall and he looked kind of sad, but I wasn't sure if I should speak to him. So instead I just kept cleaning out my locker when he spoke to me. He was all like: 'Hey, have you seen anybody?' I glared at him and shook my head. He smiled for a second and then walked over to me. 'You're Quinn, right?' he asked me. 'Yeah.' I answered him. 'I'm Josh.' 'I know.' And I felt like biting my tongue for saying that! He just sighed and continued. 'You know, because I'm the QB?' He asked with a raised eyebrow. 'Uh, I guess.' I tried to sound uninterested. 'So how come we've never talked?' He leaned against the locker beside mine. 'Don't know.' I muttered, but really I was screaming and happy on the inside! 'Well, how about we talk some more over the summer?' He asked flirtatiously. I studied him for a moment. I was about to answer him when a burb escaped my lips. I covered my mouth with my hand because I felt so embarrassed! He stood there observing me. Instead of answering him I shut locker door which smacked him in the head. 'Ow!' He complained. 'Sorry!' I panicked and ran down the hall." I explained.