lucygh12 Presents: Sneak Peek at Kenoira Vaccine + Why I Switched To Writing SF

Hey everyone! Nihaarika here! I am so excited to be back for the Wattpad Block Party. Today, I am bringing to you, an exclusive sneak peek at my first ever Science Fiction novel titled 'Kenoira Vaccine' which is to be published in April 2018, on Wattpad. I do hope you like it. It's set in the year 3060, and....well, you need to read to learn more. ;)

The city of Kenoira, in what was previously called San Francisco, was a peaceful city, with futuristic buildings, flying cars and cheap space tourism

The city of Kenoira, in what was previously called San Francisco, was a peaceful city, with futuristic buildings, flying cars and cheap space tourism. It had been at least a thousand years since mankind realized its mistake. And it came at the right time, just when everything was about to go wrong.

Humans became kinder. Crime rates went down, people got better food, sanitation, better everything. And in reward, Nature made us smarter, stronger, and faster. Who would have thought that even after our mistakes, that Nature would be kind to us? It just doesn't happen, does it? But it did.

Yet things never really changed. High school still remained the same, with all its cliques, all its drama, which is why, I, Amaya Fandor, was standing in front of the huge glass doors, waiting for my best friend, Argenia West to make an appearance. She was always late, and today was the same case.

"Standing out like a sore thumb, are we?" Argenia poked me from behind. "You know with your orange hair, you stand out like a sore thumb."

"How many times are you going to tell me that?" I frowned at her, as she gave me a crooked grin.

"A million times, my dear best friend," Argenia wrapped her left arm around me and walked forward, dragging me forward. In the crowd full of people, I was standing out like a really sore thumb. With my bright orange hair that had always been the case, and would continue to be so.

"So anyway, I was thinking, that after school we should go and visit the Renegade Museum? You know they have a new Sci-Fi TV series exhibition. And I want to go and see that. What do you say?" Argenia grinned, as we walked through the glass doors into the building where we would be starting a whole new phase in our lives.

***

Well, that's it for the excerpt. I hope you are intrigued enough to read this when it comes out in April 2018. Below is a small piece on why I have chosen to write a Science fiction novel, when my speciality is Fanfiction, Chicklit and Romance, in general.

When I set out to write the first chapter of this very novel, I knew I was taking on a huge task. I barely knew what to write. All I had in my head was this really vague idea about some book set it the future, where everyone was naturally perfect and a lot of things that were just concepts (like the Hyperloop) were reality.

And so I set out to write. And came up with what you all see above. And though, I have a bare minimum idea of how I might end this novel, I know if I put myself to it, I can do it. Shifting from writing mostly fanfiction and romantic fluffy scenes, to writing scenes that involve some action as well as some some purely scientific terms, is tough.

What I want to say is I got bored with writing the same romantic scene in different ways. So I got the idea of writing this novel to get out of my comfort zone. And I must say I fell in love with this genre. The idea of switching genres may not be appealing to you, but it's something you should try. It may be difficult at first, but you will love it and discover your talent in writing something different, and I am telling you different is good.

After all, without being different, we would all have been writing in the exact same manner.

Raise your hands if you agree.

I hope you guys will try and write something else. Like I said, it is good to try something different.

Also, I want to thank Kelly for letting me be a part of the Wattpad Block Party again.
The other participants, and Kelly have some amazing giveaways going, so do check that out.
This is me, signing out.

★ ★ ★

ENTER THE WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY GIVEAWAYS BY CLICKING HERE:

Shortened Link to Blog: https://goo.gl/oCHaqH

OR HERE:

Regular Link to Blog: http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2018/01/wattpad-block-party-winter-edition-iv.html