The Gift//Anakin Skywalker

Requested By:  seren66dndnd
Written By: the_nkotb_girl

Y/N was doing her usual checks of off the spaceships, x-wings and any other flying contraption that the Jedi's had around the place. It was her job to make sure all the technological equipment was up to date and working stupendously. Most people that she knew, always thought it was a boring job, but Y/N loved it. The job kept her hands and mind busy, which is one thing she loves more than anything. Her favourite thing is having a challenge. She loved challenges, so the more broken the flight system was, the happier she got. But there was one thing about her only a handful of people knew, she was blind.

Ever since Y/N was a young girl she has been blind, her whole life in fact. She had never known what the world around her looked like, or how stunningly gorgeous a sunset was, or even how beautiful she was. She never knew any of it. Her parents used to describe to her what these things looked like and other objects, but she never truly knew or understood, all she had was the faint image her imagination had come up with.

Y/N had such an extraordinary imagination, and that is why she could never had been a Jedi, but Master Yoda knew her talents, could not go to waste. You see, through her imagination, she had connected with the Force and through the Force she has been able to make, create and fix all sorts of things. Whether it be clothes, spaceships or hand communicator, she could do it all with the help of the Force. That is why she found herself here, at the Jedi Temple.

The mighty Yoda knew of her talents, and knew that there was a need for them here, so when she was only fourteen years of age, he sent word to her family asking for Y/N to join them at the sacred temple. He would help her learn of the Force and it's ways, and in return she would mend and restore all broken things that she could find. The ships, were the main things that needed the service, but she still loved it all.

Her job of course had some benefits, well one benefit that she cared about more than anything, she got to see Anakin Skywalker most days, and she loved it. The two of them had a sort of something going on, but they both knew nothing could ever happen as he was training to be a Jedi Knight, and clearly written in the Jedi Code is that they are not allowed to be in a romantic relationship with another being. This was to prevent the Knights being distracted by having a blurred and clouded few on things. Consequently, this meant that there was no hope for Ani and Y/N to ever be together in the relation they both desired.

Today was an exciting day for Y/N, it was her birthday, and a few of the Jedi Masters had planned a party for the young girl and she was most certainly excited for it. She couldn't remember the last birthday party she had, but she knew it was with her parents back on Naboo. As she made her way up onto the large mothership they had, she felt a spark of excitement for what she would find.

She made her way to the control panel and started to feel around to discover what she could do. Y/N soon found a broken cord, cracked switch and a broken power box. It was a wonder to her that this ship, a ship that barely ever got used, could be in such bad shape. But it was, and she was ready to do her thing. Getting out her tools, she started her job. About an hour later she had almost finished it, but there were light footsteps being heard from behind causing her to turn her tense up.

"Hello Miss Birthday Girl," chimed Anakin as he made his way to the girl before him. "Why on earth are they making you work on your birthday? Shouldn't you be in bed being waited on or something?" He asked, parking his butt on the ground next to the young women. His little remark caused the girl to giggle, the sound similar to that of bird's peaceful song. This sound alone had the power to calm he choppy waters in Anakin's heart.

"Ahh, it's alright. I find it quite interesting if I'm being completely honest with you," she sighed as she continued to work despite the extra company.