The 'We're Being Attacked' Button// Poe Dameron

Request made by: IBelongToTB1
Written by: the_nkotb_girl

It was a surprisingly hot day on D'Qar at the Resistance base causing sweat to trickle down the left side of Y/N's cheek as she fiddled with the switches and nobs in the control room. The heat soon got too much for her, so she got up from her assigned seat and sat in front of where to box for the air-con is. After about ten minutes of feeling the wires and cords, and poking and prodding, she found the problem and fixed it right up.

By now, most people in the Resistance had stopped questioning her and her abilities, because no matter how good she was, people would always underestimate her, only to be proven wrong and be laughed at by the people who knew and loved her because of who she was. Y/N, you see, was blind and had to use the force to find her way around things. This is how she was the best at fixing and helping out in the control room on the base. She might not have the physical vision, but she was always about to find the problem by sensing it. There were a select amount of people that knew of her power and admired her for it, but there was one person that admired her for who she was and not just her power. Poe Dameron. Now he would come and see Y/N every day when he wasn't on a mission, like now.

After Y/N had fixed the air-conditioning she went back to tinkering with something on the dashboard that needed fixing. Poe had just come back from a quick mission to Naboo to get some more intel on the Starkiller base, so he decided that he'd come pay his friend a quick visit. As he walked into the room, he was relieved to see she was alone, so he'd have to be quick because the room was usually filled superiors hustling about making harsh decisions and assigning absurd jobs to the people in the room, and he had something he had been wanting to tell her for a long time and he knew it was either now, or never.

Sensing his presence, the girl turned in her seat to greet him, "Hello Mr Dameron, how are you this fine summer's afternoon?"

He smiled at the girl even though she couldn't see, but she knew so she raised from her seat and walked over to him. Poe knew what to do when she did this, so he gently grabbed her small, soft, warm hands and placed them on his warm face. Y/N moved her hands a little until he found his mouth just so she could feel his smile. The man loved when she did this, so it only made him smile even more, which soon led to Y/N letting go and giggling.

"What?" Poe asked slightly confused, but also quite happy, as he made her laugh.

"You always seem to smile for me and I don't know why," the girl sighed as she sat back down in her seat, going back to work.

Following the girl's movement, Poe took a seat next to her placing his hands upon hers. He leaned forward so that his lips were right next to her right ear. "Well I suppose I should tell you then," he whispered, his cool breath sliding down her neck, sending unexpected chills through her body. Poe was rather grateful at this point that she could not see, because if she could, she would see the red tinges that were painting themselves onto his cheeks.

"I-I l-like y-," he stammered but was interrupted by a sudden alert from the desk that was next to the two of them.

Loud beeps were sounding and Y/N had to leave the close, intimate moment she was having with someone she long for. As she found out what was going on, she realised that either she or Poe had accidently bumped the big red button that sounds the 'We're being attacked' button. She soon burst into a fit of laughter and soon Poe joined in. But the two were yet again interrupted by General Leia bursting into the room with a confused look resting upon her ageing face.

"Miss Y/L/N, would you care to explain why you set off the attack alarm when we are very clearly not being attacked?" It was quite clear that she did not find the incident funny at all.

Crumbling under the sudden intrusion, Y/N's smile fell and the damage of what she might of caused suddenly came flooding into her mind. Her mouth ran dry and in her throat, grew a small lump, it felt like lost the ability to talk, but she was still going to try, "I-I'm s-so-sorry. I-it w-was," but she was abruptly cut off by Poe.

"It was my fault General," Leia looked at him and then at the blind lady again. Y/N gave Poe a quick 'why are you doing this' look before he went on to explain what happened, "Yeah, I came to say hi to Y/N and see if she needed any help. But I saw this big red button and just had to push it. I of course asked her what would happen, but I misinterpreted her response and pushed it anyway."

Leia didn't quite believe the story just yet, and looked at Y/N for confirmation, Poe had to tap the young girl so she knew, but Y/N had already caught on and began speaking, "It's true, he asked what would happened if he pushed the button, and I replied 'Nothing,' being the person I am, and then said, 'It's when you let go that things get a bit crazy,' but before I could say that he had already started to press the button." She had to take a large breath after her long, rushed sentence. It was probably crazier than what actually happened, but neither of them wanted to tell their boss that they were about to kiss or anything, because then they would find themselves in a more awkward situation than the one they were already in.

Poe just looked at Y/N with a shocked, but impressed expression on his face as he looked at the young girl next to him. But he was more shocked with what the General said next.

"Why couldn't you just tell me that you were about to kiss and accidently pressed the button?" The General smiled and then walked out the door. "Oh, and just be a bit more careful next time, we don't need you setting off the lock down button or other ones." She winked and the door was shut, leaving two very confused Rebels sitting in their seats.

"H-How did she know?" Poe asked the most obvious question, but it was Y/N's turn to make the move. She turned back to him, placed her hands on his face, leaned forward and placed her lips on his. Once again, he was shocked, but it wore of rather quick as he moved his hands the girl's waist, bring the chair she was in, closer to him and kissed back. Their lips moved in sync for what seemed like hours to the pair, but soon they needed air.

"Wow," Y/N breathed out but his lips were back on hers again in no time. They both smiled into the kiss, both happy they finally got what they wanted.

Once they finally broke apart, Poe was the one to break the silence, "What I was going to say earlier was, I like you."

"I think I figured that out for myself," Y/N giggled, kissed his cheek, and went back to her work. Poe just sat there, contently watching her as she tinkered and fiddled with switches and buttons. There might have had a lot of bad things going on in the galaxy at that point in time, but that did not bother either of them, as they enjoyed the silence and each other's company. They were, complete.

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Ok, so this is the first request I have done, hope it was good enough for you IBelongToTB1 !
If it is not, then I will happily rewrite it for you!

And for all the other readers, feel free to request an imagine or preference! We all would love to write one for you!

Love you all heaps!

~Ally