Powerless You're Not// Anakin Skywalker

Written By: the_nkotb_girl

Ever since Y/N was a child, she has always been able to measure how dangerous someone is, just by taking one simple glance at them. The measurements would go from 1-10, and a ten was inexplicitly hard to find as the highest Y/N had ever come across was only a seven and most people were usually twos or threes. But it was because of this power that she was 'recruited' by the Jedi Master Yoda to come stay at the Jedi Temple to help him observe the Padawans. This was his plan to help save the galaxy and stop any evil from getting in.

One day Y/N was casually walking the corridors of the Temple when she was knocked over by a young man who seemed to be her age. Y/N turned around to looked the man who had rudely run her off her feet, in the eyes, but in doing so a gasp escaped her pristine pink lips as her eyes fell upon the young man before her. The young man thought the gasp was at the fact she had been knocked to the ground, so he, being the gentleman he was, helped her to her feet once more and introduced himself proudly.

"I am Anakin Skywalker, and I am most certainly sorry for tripping you as I have. I wish to seek your forgiveness and hope to make it up to you in any way I can." Anakin stood proudly as he held out his hand to the young lady for her to shake it. She did, but not without caution.

"Lovely to meet you Mr Skywalker, and there is absolutely no need for you to make it up to me. I am perfectly fine. My name is Y/N Y/L/N by the way," she spoke as confidently as her heart pounded against the bars of her chest. It seemed to scream for freedom, just as the young lady wished she had in this very moment. Without seeming rude, she spoke once more in an attempt to remove herself from the difficult situation, "Well it was a pleasure to meet you, but I must be on my way, Master Yoda has requested to see me and I must not keep him waiting any longer." It was rushed, but it was the best she could conjure up as she waved goodbye to the new acquaintance.

Puzzled by the girl's reaction, Anakin stood there in the middle of the hallway as he watched the lady hurry of in haste. A sense of mystery and longing clouding his judgement which he knew he must clean out before he saw his master again. The flurry of feelings he got for the woman did not sit right with what he had been taught about the ways of the Jedi. He knew full well that loving another being was against the Jedi Code, yet he couldn't help himself being entranced by the fair maiden he had just laid his eyes upon. In his youthful heart, he felt the subtle longing to be in her presence one again, but for now, he would have to forget her and move on.

Y/N made her way quickly to where she knew Master Yoda would be. The gardens. He always seemed to be there when he wasn't in a meeting or with Padawans. It seemed to clear his ancient mind, and that was relieving in a way for Y/N. To know that even someone as old as the green alien, could find peace, she could too. But as the recent encounter lingered in her mind, she knew peace wouldn't be finding its way to her any time soon.

Anakin, the boy she had just met, wasn't only a gorgeous looking man, but a dangerous one. She had finally found her first ten. Though she mortally terrified of the man, she couldn't help but be enticed by him, like she was slowly being lured towards him by the glow of his friendly smile. She had even felt a slight, but certain spark when they shook hands. Y/N cursed herself for feeling such things as she entered the gardens, she had to tell the great master of what she had seen, but still she felt like she couldn't.

This was the first time she had ever felt anything remotely to the feeling of love and she was fascinated by it. She never wanted to stop the feeling, but it soon dwelled upon her the Jedi Code. Though she might not have to follow the code, he did and it forbade him to have any romantic sort of relationship with anyone. This was the only thing that compelled her to tell Yoda, even if it meant Anakin would be killed.

Yoda quickly noticed to sudden presence and hobbled over to the troubled youth. He could sense great conflict between her, but knew he must wait for her to tell him as he never wanted to pry into her personal life. As he knew that she would tell him at the right time.

"Master Yoda, I have something to tell you," Y/N gushed, frighten of what might happen to Anakin.

"Tell me you must what," Yoda prompts in his usual jumbled speech.

Sighing she tells him the truth, "I have spotted a ten. But he seems so kind now and I only sense Light in him." Y/N did what she could to make the buy sound good, but she knew deep down that it would not help in the long run.

"Mmm, he is who?" The green man inquired with wisdom engrossing his every word.

"Anakin Skywalker."

"Great conflict felt have I with him. Decide he will, and stop him you must."

"Me?" Confusion laced her soft words, "Why me, I have no power! I came here to inform you in who you must defeat. Not me! How am I to defeat the first ten I have even met?" Her voice tight with annoyance.

"Powerless you're not! All power right here you need. Your heart," he pointed to her chest and sighed. "Find way to not defeat, but safe young Skywalker. Safe Skywalker, safe galaxy." With that he was gone. Off on his way to some other place to help some other person.

There she stood. Questioning everything that had happened in the last hour. She had met a ten but a ten that stole her heart with just one glance. Was it fate? Destiny? Or torture. Y/N was unsure right now, but she knew she had a frightful mission ahead of her.

The wise, sophic words of the Jedi Master still lingered in her mind that night as she pondered her next move. How was she supposed to safe the galaxy from a monster that had not yet been created? Then in occurred to her. Love.