62. Letting You Love Me- the epilogue ❤❤

En başından başla

"Grandma! I want to meet her!", Shri jumped excitedly but she failed to notice the glassy eyes of her parents at the mention. Abhi saw his father getting super emotional, and hence he took Shri in his lap.

"Seriously again? Everytime you hear their name you want to meet them! Come I will take you to Grandma!", He squealed matching her excitement and Aayush and Sneha smiled at him, as Abhi climbed the stairs to his grandparents room. Aayush and Sneha followed suit. On reaching, Aayush pushed open the door to his favorite place in the world- his parent's room.

"Manik leave ne na, Aayush will wake up anytime. He is a big boy now"

"Nandini yaar! My tie!"

" Why the hell are you tall like a tree Manik! I can't find the stool now, go without a tie today"

"I love you Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra."

" I love you both more though", a ten year old Aayush jumped at his parents who took him in a bear hug laughing.

" Isshhh!", A fifteen year old Aayush covered his eyes as he entered his parent's room, " why are you guys glued to each other all the time?"

"The same reasons you are glued to your phone, and Sneha's wallpaper all the time", Manik commented making Aayush flush.

"Maa, I want to spend my entire life with Sneha, but I am afraid of rejection", a twenty three year old Aayush sat with his head in his mother's lap as Nandini ruffled his hairs.

"Don't be. The first time your father proposed me, I have rejected him too and it was your grandmother who convinced me to give him a chance. Who know, even I might get that chance with her? After all, history repeats", Nandini winked at her son, making him giggle.

"Maa, will I be able to keep her happy? Will I be able to manage between you and dad and her?", Aayush was skeptical, two days before his marriage.

"You are Manik's son Aayush. The one person who have nurtured every relation with same care, successfully. And we are here with you anyway", Nandini has kissed his forehead hiding her son in her bosom.

"But maa, I don't want to leave you both here", Aayush pouted at his mother, while Manik shook his head, his arm around Sneha who was giggling.

"So shall we both join you on your honeymoon? You are my son, Aayush, atleast be a little romantic", Manik huffed while Aayush made a grumpy pout.

" I am mumma's son", he grumbled as Nandini and Sneha burst out laughing.

" Manik see, he is so cute, so small, a carbon copy of our Aayush", Nandini smiled in satisfaction as she took little Abhi in her arms while Manik supported her from the back, smiling.

Sneha's warm embrace pulled Aayush out of his memory lane, and he instinctively wrapped his arms around her.

"Maa loved Papa more, she proved it by leaving us alone here", his eyes had filled up yet again, and his voice was grumpy.

"No Aayush, they had promised to be there for each other, till the last breath of life, and a MaNan promise is not to be broken, right?", She cajoled her husband, who smiled at her.

"Sometimes I get confused if you are my wife, or their daughter-in-law", Aayush laughed and Sneha giggled at his husband. Their trance was broken by the voices of their children, Abhi was showing all the pictures to Shri, who had already seen them a thousand times, and yet was excited the same everytime.