19. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-1

~ better than I was, more than I am....all this happened, by taking your hand in mine!~

At times, minutes seem like hours and hours seem like minutes! And pre marriage functions are always the latter one because there is so much to do and so much to run for, since it is going to be the most memorable and cherished event not only for the bride and groom, but also for their families. And today the marriage functions were beginning with the 'DHOOM- sangeet and mehendi night'. It was decided to have a small Tamilian wedding in the morning followed by a full fledged Punjabi wedding in the night. And hence the first function was ought to be lavish. Padmini was getting emotional seeing her daughter ready for the first function of her coming life and importantly smiling.

A mother never differentiates between her children but Nandini still had a place more close in Padmini's heart

A mother never differentiates between her children but Nandini still had a place more close in Padmini's heart. And seeing her today, glowing like a to be bride obviously took a toll on her heart, a happy one. But nevertheless she was happy for her and hence, when the Malhotras entered, Padmini and Navya ran to welcome them. Manik looked all dashing and handsome in his maroon kurta that complimented Nandini's royal green lehnga.

Rishabh was busy checking the arrangements

Rishabh was busy checking the arrangements. After everyone was seated, the heena artists came and started with their work. And on the other side, Navya and Kabir were ready to rock the stage.

Maahi ve! That's the way maahi ve!
Tere maathe jhumar damke,
Tere kaano bali chamke h re!
Maahi ve!

Tere haantho kangna khanke,
Tere pairo payal chanke h re!
Maahi ve!
Naino se bole rabba rabba!
Dil me dole rabba rabba!
Amrit bhole rabba rabba!
Tu soniye!

Jind maahi ve, soni, soni, aaja mahi ve!
Everybody sing soni soni, aaja mahi ve!
That's the way mahi ve!

As Kabir descended down, Rishabh and Navya took the center stage. They both eyed each other something and suddenly everything went blank. Two minutes later, lights came back and the song took the whole crowd by surprise.