28. my home

~ He took her in his arms and that was all she had ever needed~

Nandini came back upstairs to wake up Manik but before she could enter her room, she heard a weird noise from Kabir's room. Confused and curious, she entered his room to find Kabir standing by the window, panting hard. His white shirt was out of his jeans, the overcoat lying on the bed and his hair messed up.

"Kabir?", Nandini called out to him who was startled to find his dear bhabhi.

" Bhabhi??", He exclaimed and ran to her, closing the door behind her.

"What's wrong?", Nandini asked and he stood silent, scratching his head.

"I went for clubbing last night and the drinks got too much. So I passed out there and came back just now, by the window...", He spoke in a breath, holding his ears, like a small school kid, nervous of his teacher. Nandini who wanted to sound angry at the moment could not help but burst into laughter at the adorable and embarrassed yet not guilty expression of her brother-in-law.

"Bhabhiiii", Kabir whinned seeing her laughing and Nandini kept laughing more at his expense.

" Bhabhi promise me that you won't tell mom-dad please. Save me from the three hours extra lecture intended please....I will be careful next time", Kabir begged and Nandini  nodded and asked him to frsehen up but before she could close the door behind her she found him already on the bed, sleeping on his stomach.

Still laughing she came in her room to wake up Manik but found him already awake, though still sitting on the bed, sleepy but with a cute smile lingering on his face.

" Good morning....", She wished him with a smile and he looked up at her.

" Mooornning...", He almost sang wishing her back, yawning in mid too and smiling like a fool. Nandini was confused with the over chirpiness of Manik but she couldnt help but chuckle at him.

" Someone is in too good a mood?", She asked him folding the duvets and making the bed while Manik made his way towards the washroom.

"Someone woke up with the best sound and the sweetset voice...", He shouted from the washroom, brushing his teeth.

Nandini frowned as she didnt really understand what Manik said.

Alarm couldnot be sweet, could it?

Shrugging it off, she took out his clothes from the cupboard and cleared the messy room. Manik came out few minutes later, freshly showered, his signature smell lingering in the surrounding, intoxicating her.

"You really didn't understand what I said earlier, did you?", He asked and she turned to see him smirking at her, his upper body bare. Though any other girl would blush under such circumstances but Nandini was Nandini. So she shrugged and turned back, focusing on her work. Also, she was kind of mad.

" Dumbo...", He laughed and this time she turned with a what-the-hell face and before he could answer left the room. Manik burst into laughter at his wifey who just felt the first pangs of jealousy without even realizing it.

 Manik burst into laughter at his wifey who just felt the first pangs of jealousy without even realizing it