59. Divorce!

~ A relationship is not always about compromise and adjustments, sometimes it's also about retaining your individuality!~

Nandini huffed and sat on the bed. Her chubby cheeks reddening with anger, every minute now. If it was in her power, she would have strangled a certain someone, or maybe break off some materialistic things to calm down. But then, she could not afford that either. So she sat on the bed waiting for her hubby to come home, as her mind went down the flashback.

 So she sat on the bed waiting for her hubby to come home, as her mind went down the flashback

*Flashback*

Nandini woke up the next day, after the melancholic night of tears and smiles. Manik was no where to be seen but a big bouquet of her favourite stargazers wished her a good morning. Nandini smiled wider smelling the fresh essence of her favourite flowers. She got down, took a pink Saree and went towards the washroom. Fifteen minutes later, she came out to find Manik standing with a her bed tea and rusk and of course his special boyish grin. The water drops fell like dew drops on her back, her bare waist now soaking wet under them. She walked towards him, and circled her arms around his nape, as her wet strands stuck to his face too, their morning starting with a kiss instead of the tea.

In the afternoon, Nandini was working in her office when the receptionist knocked and entered with a bouquet of carnations and chocolate sandwiches. Needless to mention, from her hubby dearest. Nandini blushed as she thanked him.

The evening witnessed a bouquet of white tulips and a mug of hot chocolate waiting for her in the room. The night was them sealed with a forehead kiss and a passionate embrace.

For the entire next week, the same pattern continued. The beverages and choice of flowers did change, but she received them every phase of the day. Initially she loved the pampering and these romantic acts, but now it had started irking her. Nandini was not that type of women who loved these things. Once in a while everyone loves them, but everyday these lavish things bored her. Moreover, there was something more that was bothering her.

Three days after this flower ritual had commenced, Nandini was happily ironing his shirt, humming to herself while Manik was having a shower. Suddenly her phone rang and she started talking to her boss about some projet, and as expected burnt his shirt, his favourite one for that matter. Manik came out and Nandini was ready to apologize since she knew it would have hurt him, but to her dismay he didn't react. He just smiled and pecked her forehead, and wore another shirt, saying that he knew it was a mistake. At first, Nandini thought it was he being the caring husband he was, but later it started bugging her.

It bugged her when he came home tired, but didn't complain and still took her to the beach just because she had told to him in the morning.

It bugged her when he didn't say a word to her when she accidentally broke the vintage frame he had specially ordered last year.

It bugged her when he agreed to wear a baby pink shirt to office just because she told him to, when all she had wanted was him to deny on that.