35. Beach Night

~ Bless the night that conceals and protects both fair and foul, with the same indifferent smile~

Just like that, his smiles started increasing day by day.

Just like that, she grew more comfortable pecking his cheeks.

Just like that he started embracing her, to relive all her stress.

Just like that she started faking tiredness so that he hugged her long to take all that away.

But, was it seriously just like that?

"Nandini!!!", Manik came in shouting and halted Nandini in her steps. She was making the bed. It was Saturday night and the moon was already illuminating the dark world outside.

" What? Why are you screaming?", She asked, putting the pillows in place.

" I was thinking if your majesty would agree to accompany me to the beach today", he bowed down dramatically and asked with a pout. She chuckled ar him and nodded her head to which he replied with a excited squeal just like school girls.

"I had two sons, I don't even remember when one turned into a girl", Nyonika who had just came in and heard him, muttered and came towards Nandini, leaving nandini  in fits of laughter. Manik was rooted at his place, unable to decide what to react. Or rather, how to embrace the embarrassment.

"Nandini beta, tomorrow morning we have to go to an ancestral temple, situated in the outskirts of the city. So be ready and keep your duffer also ready...", She instructed lovingly her, winking at Manik.

"Mom!", He spoke grumpily.

"Yes, Maniiiiiii", Nyonika teased him before leaving by calling his name like it was of a girl. Nandini was still laughing and Manik was still sulking by the time they both left for the beach.

Every couple has a certain special place, that is filled with their memories- both good and bad and yet that place itself has a special essence to it, for them it was that beach. It was here that they had bared their soul to each other, in the most intimate way possible. And hence, even this night, as they sat on the wet sand, facing the sea, they knew it was going to be special.

"Manik...", Nandini spoke as they settled in and Manik looked at her.

"If I say a thank you, will you be angry?", Nandini pouted and Manik chuckled.

" No I won't. But it's not needed either madamsimolee...", He answered dramatically making her laugh. And then they fell into silence, a comfortable silence. It's true that we yearn to share a comfortable zone with someone where we could speak our heart without being judged or being afraid, but being able to share silence which don't seem deafening or forced and which at the same time brings happiness is also a virtue.

" Nandini, you know I have always loved nights more than day. The darkness around seems more fascinating to me", Manik whispered looking at the night sky.

" I am actually afraid of darkness. So I like the sky only when it has a thousand little twinkling stars...", Nandini answered, hesistant at first but his smile took away all her shyness.

" Afraid? Well many people are. Reasons differ from perception to perception. But you know why I love the nights especially?", Manik asked and nandini shook her head.

"Because, night, for centuries, have been the most selfless phase of the entire universe. It helps the fair and it hides the foul too. No cheating. No priorities. One for all...", Manik had a weird kind of smile on his face, as he continued gazing the night sky. Nandini was taken aback by the sheer and naked truth in his voice. Who could tell, that the man who was all smiles and all work and all love the entire day, had a thinking so deep that it reflected all his inner turmoil. She felt an irresistible urge to shift close to him and she did, without giving any heed to her mind. She shifted close to him and kept her head on his shoulder, holding his arm to herself.