57. A Melody Like This

~ When a girl asks a boy to listen to a song, it's because lyrics say everything she is afraid to~

Navya was standing by the door of her room, trying to peek down, where Arjun was sitting with Raj, Nyonika and others. She was not nervous about the meeting because she knew Arjun maynot be the best guy ever, but he was the one who made her happy. But yes, she was defiantly skeptical about the meet. So when even after trying hard, she couldn't hear a word of what was going on, she returned to her room and sat on the bed, huffing. Antara and Rishabh who were sitting just behind her started laughing.

"Seriously Navya, you are behaving like, didu will punish Arjun or something", Rishbah chuckled but Navya frowned, playing with the hem of her kurti.

"I know she won't, but I want her to approve him. Without her happy approval, it won't mean anything to me", Navya replied and Antara had a sad smile on her face, seeing the family bonding she had always craved.

"Wish granted my lord! Everybody loved my brother", a sweet voice exclaimed from the door, as the door flunged wide open, and a beautiful girl, with lovely long hairs and a dazzling smile entered.

Antara and Navya ran to hug her, as she came towards them.

"Aaradhya", Navya held her by shoulders as she looked into her eyes, to confirm what she heard. Aaradhya laughed and bobbed her head, reflexly Navya jumped in happiness. Her smile was so contagious that even Antara and Rishabh stared smiling wide at the prospect.

A few minutes later, Manik and Nandini entered with Arjun. The moment Arjun saw Navya, their gaze was locked and they were lost in a world of their own.

 The moment Arjun saw Navya, their gaze was locked and they were lost in a world of their own

"Uhhhh", Manik cleared his throat to grab their attention. Navya looked up at her jeeju and then looked down, a sly smile playing on her lips.

" So, what's the next step now? Engagement?", Manik questioned, and Navya looked up at him, a positive reply glowing on her face but Arjun Just gave a small smile.

" No Manik", Arjun spoke, as he took two steps towards Navya, lightly taking her hand in his. Navya was looking at Arjun, and what amazed Nandini that her eyes didn't have any fear at his denial. Her face showed she had full confidence in whatever he was about to say.

"Navya is just twenty-two. I want her to finish her studies properly first, and side by side, we will explore our relationship. I don't want to tie her in something so soon. And if I can't think of marrying off Aaradhya so soon, how can I wish for her to marry and settle that soon?", Arjun said, but his gaze was fixed at Navya who was smiling like a fool, looking at him.

Nandini's eyes had a sense of relief and respect for this guy and Manik was happy to realize that Navya will be happy with this man. What no one noticed, was the way Kabir had entwined his hands with Antara, and held her steady promising her the same comfort and love, while she had accepted all of that with a bright smile.