29. Love And Fear

~ Everyone deserves someone who is terrified to loose them~

Nandini arched her eyebrows at her husband. Something else too meant what? Manik smiled sheepishly before taking out the blue box out of his coat pocket. Nandini gaped in confusion at her hubby dearest who was acting all nervous, which well, didn't suit him.

" I bought this to gift you on our wedding night but you slept early...", He pouted sadly and Nandini curbed a strong urge to pull his cheeks. And then he opened the box to reveal a beautiful M laced in N ring.

 And then he opened the box to reveal a beautiful M laced in N ring

"Manik's Nandini and Nandini's Manik...", He whispered before taking the ring out and placing it in the ring finger of her right hand. She, on the other hand, was clean bowled by the deep thinking possessed by this man standing in front of her. He was nothing like the fairy tale prince and yet the happiest fairy tale was hers.

Manik was looking at her expecting to see a response and she lifted her eyes up to his, looked at him for a second longer than the usual and then bent to kiss the ring. A wide smile could be seen on his face that mirrored on hers. Manik encircled his arms around her once again, taking her in his soft embrace and she happily melted in his arms.

Nandini was confused about her own behaviour but she was definitely sure that she liked being around him. His presence calmed her inner storm and helped her to be at peace. When she was in college, people around her, basically the love birds, used to claim how they are the complementary parts of the same puzzle. She used to laugh at them and their diabetic claims. But today she felt the exact same thing.

She realized that in life you don't need someone to complete you. You just need someone to accept you completely. And he did that, for her. He really loved her, she could see that in his orbs.

After their intimate hug, Nandini and Manik had their dinner since she was waiting for him and had not eaten anything and then went to sleep.

"I will just come checking mom-dad and Kabir...", Manik said to Nandini as she was making the bed and left. Nandini smiled to herself, praising in her heart the perfect son as well as the perfect brother. It made her crave to talk to her own family and she immediately took her phone and video- called Navya and Rishab, talking to them about their studies and other things. She talked to Padmini daily anyway but sometimes these kiddos were left out for they were busy and at times she was busy. But today talking to them, she felt happy.

Manik, on the other hand, checked on Kabir and found him in deep sleep. Covering him with the duvet, he came out and went in to check on Raj and Nyonika. Raj was sound asleep but Nyonika was missing. Manik sighed and went to terrace and as expected Nyonika was sitting there with her hot chocolate.

" Mom, its late. You should sleep..", he spoke sitting beside her on the swing and she smiled embarrassed.

"Haan I am going, after finishing this...", She  said and Manik shook his head at his baby mother.