36. Perspectives!

~ There is a thin line that separates laughter from pain, comedy from tragedy and humor from hurt~

Manik and Nandini.

MANAN.

Two entirely different personalities with two entirely different approaches, though both had the glow to lighten up the world just like stars and fireflies, but together they brought back love and fairytales.

Or not?

The night at the beach had been special, again, and they knew there were still many more special nights like that to come. Together, they were happy. Like really happy. And the glow was evident on both their faces.

May be that was why Padmini teased Nandini about extra shining eyes or Nyonika made fun of Manik's majnu mode. Kabir made sure to push Nandini whenever Manik was near to witness a romance saga unfold and Navya made it a point to call Manik and tease him about her didu. But to be true, more than Manik and Nandini , their families were happy with their bond. Just two months into the marriage and yet Nandini felt like she was a part of this household from eternity, like she was born to be in Manik's arms. Yes, she felt herself lucky to be his. Her stomach had butterflies whenever he kissed her forehead. Her heart pounded fast whenever he took her in his embrace.

But she still thought it wasn't love.

Or was it? Hmphhh. How do you know when it's love? Well she atleast had no idea about it and all these feelings confused her more. Still ,she was happy and so was he.

Phir le aaya dil, majboor, kya kijiye!
Raas na aaya rhna dur, kya kijiye!
Dil kah rha h...
Use mukammal kar bhi aao,
Wo jo adhoori si baat baki h..
Wo jo adhoori se yaad baki h!
Wo jo adhoori si yaad baki h!

Karte h hum, aaj qubool, kya kijiye,
Ho gyi thi humse bhool, kya kijiye!
Dil kah rha h..
Use mayassar kar bhi aao,
Wo bhi dabi si aas baki h..
Wo jo dabi si aanch baki h...
Wo jo dabi si aanch baki h!

It was more than a month that Nandini had resumed her office and started managing both work and home, effectively. One morning, she was getting ready for office and so was Manik when he came and stood beside her as she kept her belongings in her office bag.

"Nandini?", He called out and she turned and raised her eyebrows at him. He smiled and took out his wallet to hand her a credit card. She frowned as she took the credit card from him, it was a state bank card with the holder name as Mrs. Nandini Malhotra.

" I have added your name into my personal bank account and now that is a joint account for both of us. I have a card for that already and this is for you...", He explained, rubbing the back of his neck and she stood dumbfounded, maybe a little angry too.

" But why? I can take care of my expenses Manik. I don't need your money. I have told you before also, haven't I? I have my own card....", She muttered trying to keep her calm but her anger was easily visible in her actions.

"Nandini...", Manik sighed before holding her hand and making her sit on the bed. She struggled to have her hand free from his hold and he obliged leaving it.

"Nandini, I never said you need me. But I want to do this for you. See, understand me for once. You said you want to work and be a daughter to your amma and everything, I agreed. It's right at your point. But Nandini ,I have married you. It's my responsibility to care for you and take care of your needs. You use your money for amma and Rishab and Navya or whatever, that's your choice. But who do you think I am earning for? You. I want to pamper you and let you do shoping without a worry. I want you to spend my money like other wives do. It's not about ego or anything. I just want to be there for you. Okay?", Manik explained her and she looked at him, without blinking.

"Okay?", He asked again as he handed her the credit card to which she nodded, accepting it.

"I am getting late. Will see you in the evening....", He passed a small smile before leaving for office leaving a teary Nandini behind.

Nandini kept on sitting on the bed, trying to have a hold on her emotions. Had she ever thought, that someone would be there to tell her to relax and he would take care of everything else? To let her do shopping and would like to pamper her? After her Appa, she had struggled through her life as she took over his role for her mother and siblings. She had never spent a penny on herself more than required. It wasn't something she didn't want to do. Every person wants to be carefree for certain time but she never had the opportunity to. And now that Manik wanted to give her that opportunity she was overwhelmed. One side she was ashamed of her behavior with him. She was guilty of letting her practical self take over even with him. On the other side she wanted to believe that all these wasn't a dream. It was reality. Her reality.

Manik was sitting on his revolving chair engrossed in work. But again and again, his mind was drifting to the morning conversation he had with Nandini. It would be a lie that her actions didn't hurt him. It slit his heart to see how little trust she had for him. Yet he didnot want to create a scene or fight with her. He rested his head back on the chair and closed his eyes, his forehead covered in frowns. Time and again, he had always tried to understand her, her feelings and everything but sometimes she just went over the board with things. It affected him too. After all, he also had certain expectations and aspirations from his life partner. He was ready to give her time but sometimes it did hurt him badly when she acted this way. He was sitting like that, when he felt two soft hands caressing his temple. His eyes shot open as he found Nandini standing behind him, pressing his temples softly.

" Nandini? ", He was surprised to see her in his office. She kept mum and kept trying to relax his nerves when he pulled her in front of him standing up.

"You didn't go to office?", He asked again but she kept silent and shot a glance towards his tiffin that he had forgot to bring with him in the morning. Manik realized that she came with the tiffin.

"Ohh! I am sorry I forgot that", he said and again looked at her but this time, she was already staring at him.

"It's so easy for you na...", She uttered lowly and he frowned in confusion.

"It's so easy for you to say sorry, irrespective of whose fault it was. And see me, even after knowing how wrong I am, I couldn't speak a sorry...", She spoke as two fat tear drops made their way down.

"Nandini....", He called her lovingly and she crashed in his chest, crying silently.

" I am sorry. Really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I am awful I know. I am sorry...", She kept repeating and cursing herself and Manik couldn't help but chuckle at his adorable wife.

"Nandini. Relax baby. It's okay...", Manik didn't realize what he said in his attempt to calm her but her cheeks turned crimson when he called her baby.

"You aren't angry? You will talk to me na?", She questioned and he laughed.

"Yes. I am not angry. I felt bad a little but now it's all gone in the past. So don't cry. Smile", he spoke trying to make her smile and she smiled a little on his insistence.

Nandini left after a while leaving Manik with a stupid smile but somewhere worried too. Something was definitely wrong.

It was more than half a year that he had known Nandini and she wasn't the type to drop tears so easily. But lately, she had been teary eyed too often. Maybe he was just assuming things and it wasn't anything to ponder upon. But if it was something else, he definitely needed to know what it was, before things ran out of hand.