10. Baring Out His Heart

~ the best experience is falling in love, multiple times, but with that same person! ❤~

Lying on his stomach, Manik was slightly tugging his guitar while his mind replayed the scenarios from the evening. Nandini was the only face he could see every time he closed his eyes, her words was the only thing that rang in his ears and watching her smile was the only thing he wanted to do. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was Manik's Eureka moment. His mind travelled back to the first time they met.

The first time he saw her, he found innocence wrapped in maturity and he fell in love with her smile

The first time he saw her, he found innocence wrapped in maturity and he fell in love with her smile. The next time they met, he fell in love with her thoughts. Next it was her personality and independence on the world. Again, they came together and he fell for her family values. And every day henceforth he kept falling for her, deeper and deeper and today he fell for her shyness. And in the heat of that moment he realized, he wasn't falling for her. He was rising, higher and higher in his love for her.

Yes, Manik Malhotra was in love with Nandini Murthy, the girl who stole his heart without his knowledge. And now he was determined enough to take his revenge! She stole his heart and he would steal her last name, replacing it with his own! She was the person he wanted to spend his rest of the life with, the face he wanted to see every morning and the embrace he could loose himself into.

"I love her", Manik smiled to himself as he spoke the words aloud. No infatuation, no crush, no liking, he was in love. And he decided to let Nandini know, as soon as possible. Standing firm on his decision he decided to let her know the next day and soon slept off with a dreamy smile.

Next evening, Nandini was pacing around the library

Next evening, Nandini was pacing around the library. There was a strange restlessness in her that she couldn't name. She was irritated and grumpy, but she couldn't understand why. Or maybe she did.

Manik Malhotra still hadn't reported his presence this evening and there was a little chance that maybe she was missing his smiles and talks. But then, it was Nandini Murthy we were taking about. How could she give her heart the previalge of winning over her conscious mind?

No, she wasn't missing him at all.

It was just may be a bad day for her. Library was near it's closing time and he still hadn't come. Grumpy or sad, she couldn't decide which emotion Was dominant but she silently collected her belongings and moved out of the library only to find her peace and tranquility coming back to her.