4. After Affects!

~ There is always that one person you want to be embraced by, you want to open your heart too and kiss the life out of them! Finding them is a challenge though~

By the time Nandini ndini returned, it was almost past 10 pm and her mother was sitting in the drawing room, glancing at the door every 5 minutes.

" Finally you came beta, I was so worried", Padmini hugged her daughter and Nandini smiled at her anxious mother. Passing on the packets of groceries and other essentials to her, she immediately ran to her sister's room.

"Navya...where are you?", She called out to her sister who was studying in her room.

" Yes didu, I am here", she replied back, closing the book and stood up to hug her sister. Nandini hugged her and then gesturing her to sit on the bed she took out one more packet from her office bag. There lay a pretty prom dress and Navya was ecstatic at the sight as well as shocked that who told Nandini ! She looked at her elder sister who had a smirk at her face, knowing well what was going on in Navya's head.

" What? I have told you na always that don't listen to mumma when she says not to tell me things! If you told me it could be your choice but since you didn't, bear mine!", Nandini smirked at Navyawho hugged her at once, crying happy tears and both the sisters giggled looking at their angry mother standing at the door. Rishab came in running to them with an angry glare.

" How mean! No tuxedo for me? And moreover sibling time without me?", He complained and Nandini lovingly ruffled his hairs, when he jumped on the bed to lie down in his sister's lap.

" You wil get your tuxedo tomorrow. And well about the sibling time, you are most welcome", she winked and he hugged both the girls tight. Padmini was smiling now, enjoying the bond between her children. In the era of nuclear families where selfishness predominate our instincts, the happiness and the necessity these three around each other was definately heart warming.

------

Manik entered his house quite late, well it was 11 pm to be exact. He was expecting everyone to be in their rooms and hence no questioning, but he found his mother sitting on the sofa, going through the various magazines absent mindedly.

" Maa, still awake?", He asked sitting beside her and Nyonika closed the magzine turning towards him with a smile.

" Waiting for you!", She replied ruffling his hair and in the next second he was lying on her lap, half his body on the sofa and half on the ground, ecstatic. No reasons guessing Manik did miss his mother and getting her time was his favourite thing in the day.

" Come I will serve you the dinner", she spoke lovingly and Mr bhukkad malhotra jumped to the dining table. Having a nice dinner with dessert, he wished her mother good night and then checked upon a sleeping Kabir, before moving to his room.

-----

Nandini was tossing and turning in her bed. For some reason she just couldn't sleep today even though she was so tired that her body was literally aching. Over and over, her mind was replaying the conversation she had with him.

HIM- that was what had changed overnight.

She wasn't intrested in him or was awestruck or something, it was just she couldn't decipher why was he so interested in talking to her. Could he be one of those rich, spoilt brats who want to use her maybe? Or was he just seeking a friend, maybe genuinely? But what could he see in her- she wasn't one of those beautiful divas boys liked, nor was she someone to have a intresting conversation with. She was just- simple and lost in her own world kind of person. But for the first time in her life, even though her rational mind was advising her complicated stuffs, she could see her heart screaming at her in favour of his innocence. His smile, the twinkle in his eyes when they discussed characters, the goofy smile that was his signature style, he didn't looked like those bad boys. Maybe she could go on with this book discussion thing. It won't do her harm anyways.  And maybe she could really use a friend. It had been years she made a friend, owing to her too busy lifestyle. And with this last thought she gulped an ibuprofen before welcoming sleep.

Manik on the other hand, was standing in his room's balcony. It was late and still the serenity of the moon was giving him immense peace. And with the moon, it was HER thoughts! He had never met a girl so reserved and always with a upright face. He could not even try to read her eyes. Two conversations that they had, he couldn't know a word about her, except the fact that she had a younger sister who needed a dress for her prom, thanks to their shopping session together. He wanted to know her, why he had no idea. He wanted to discuss stories with her at length, but it was only her he wanted to do that with. He couldn't understand his own feelings. And then it struck him.

Until you!

The book he needed to find and finish ASAP to be able to meet her again. He quickly opened his phone to  order the book and thanks to perks of living in a metro city, the book would be delivered the next day itself. Maybe, the book could help him know her better. Afterall, they say that a girl's playlist and her choice of books will tell you a lot more than her lips ever would!