3. Fault In Our Stars

~ it takes more than a few minutes to feel a bond with someone but it takes a lifetime to maintain it~

" Amma, I will get the salary today. So I will bring these items while returning. Don't worry, I might be late", Nandini instructed her mother while leaving for office and her mother nodded her head. No matter how hard she tried to keep the issues hidden from her daughter, Nandini sensed it somehow and took it upon her to solve the problem. Also, not to mention but she indeed was the one everyone else was dependent on. As Nandini ndini left, Padmini went into navya's room who was sniffing.

" Navya beta, remember this straight and clear. Don't ask for the gown again, in front of your Di, especially. You can do without it and unnecessary expenses can be avoided .", Her strict tone made Navya bob her head and she sighed in relief. Navya without a word to her mother went to freshen up and then left for college without having breakfast.

Nandini entered the library, 15 minutes late again. But today she was in a good mood, because she had received her paycheck with the bonus for her hard work. Humming her favourite, Kabira, she smiled at her boss apologetically before resuming her work. With the books she didn't even realize when the her working hours were almost done and it was close to eight. As she was busy packing her stuff, she heard a voice at her back.

" My thoughts are stars I couldn't fathom into constellations", a husky deep voice echoed and nandini turned back to find the same 6 feet tall, Mr-not-so-old-Manik standing behind her with a goofy smile. It had been more then two weeks since their last encounter and he had almost slipped out of her mind. She didn't actually think he would be back for a discussion, as he had called it.

" What? You forgot me, in just like two weeks?", He questioned looking at her blank face, bringing her out of her dream land and she smiled at him.

"I thought you were just kidding that day", she answered embarrassed but then talking with twists and turns weren't her cup of tea. Manik looked at her, honesty dripping from her mature outlook and though the above statement should have wounded his male ego, he smiled at her, actually almost chuckled.

"One thing that you should know about me is I never speak what I don't actually mean", he spoke softly and she just nodded, not knowing what else to reply, while averting his eyes off him.

" So where are we going to have the discussion?", He winked and she stared outside, the night was already here.

" It's already late and I have some work in the market too. If we sit for the discussion now, I will be late for home", she spoke apologetically, shrugging her shoulders as she looked between him and the sky.

God! This girl! Usually girls die to spend some time with the handsome hunk and here she was declining the offer straight away.

" You mind if I accompany you to whatever work you have and then drop you home maybe, completing the discussion on the way?", He asked again unsure what her answer would be. He didn't want to impose.

" I actually have to do some grocery shopping and stuff, you sure you wanna come? I mean it might not be like, comfortable to you? ", she expressed her doubt again openly and he narrowed his eyes.

" And how do you know what's my zone of comfort?", He questioned almost smirking.

"By that branded shirt and watch and shoes maybe", she pointed towards him and he laughed. This time, aloud.

"Just like Hazel knew Augustus had written his phone number in the book?", He asked and a smile crept on her face.

" Maybe Yes", she answered softly this time.

" Okay"

"Okay"

" So okay is gonna be our forever too?" He asked playfully trying to tease her while the question stiffened her posture.

" Who knows! When we can't decide for the next second, forever is a really long time", Nandini spoke, trying not to sound rude to him. By that time they were out of the library walking towards the vegetable market.

" Ohh Nandini , it would be a previalge to have my heart broken by you",manik repeated in Augustus' style and she giggled.

" So what's your take on the book?", She asked him, picking the vegetables while he smiled.

" I don't know. I mean pain demands to be felt but the feelings are too intense here. From the brewing of their friendship at the support group to letting Issac break all Augustus' troffies, from their 'okay' to the letters to mr Peter, from her vulnerability to his before death funeral, and his writing the sequel for her favourite book, it was all in awe and an unbelievable experience. The love and friendship was pure and sacred. I am going to love it everytime I read it", he spoke dreamily and she smiled, looking at a man describing a love story with such keen intrest and appreciation.

" What's your view?", He asked her back as they finished her shopping and moved towards the metro.

" Well, all you said was true. But I love the book not because of its sacred love but because of its realistic approach. Love is never easy and death isn't evitable. My favorite chapter is the funeral before death. You know this is why we should tell everyone what we feel for them before they leave us. Flowers on their coffins would never let them know how important they were. We should do it in the lifetime. The story is realistic and not a fairytale. And anyways, I have a thing for tragedy", she answered and Manik looked at her in surprise. He had never thought from this point of view. Two so different opinions for the same characters and the same story- well perceptions. At last, he smiled at her.

"You are right. This is why I wanted to discuss. I could have never thought something like that", he stated and she smiled looking for the metro to arrive.

"So what next?", He asked to her and she looked at him in surprise. He furrowed her eyebrows telling her to speak fast and she giggled at his excitement.

" Until you by Judith McNaughton", she answered before boarding the train and he stood with a goofy grin and an idiotic smile lingering on his face.

Until you. Ahaan.

Note: Do vote and comment to let me know what you think of the storyline. Would love to know your views about the story too.