34. All Shades Of Dramatic

~Somehow someone who knows how much of a mess you can be, how moody you can get and how difficult you are to handle, and still doesn't think about leaving you is the one you deserve to be with~

" Manik?", She asked again, standing within his embrace, happy and yet worried at his behaviour.

" Hmmm...", He kept nuzzling in her neck, soaking in her warmth, holding her close, not letting her loose for a split second.

"Something's wrong?", She asked concerned and he pulled apart at her question.

" I missed you...", He pouted at her and she stood with wide eyes before chuckling.

" It was just a few hours manik. I didn't leave you or disappeared somewhere...", She rolled her eyes at him.

"Eight hours. Fourty seven minutes. Thirty six seconds...", Manik emphasized at each point and Nandini looked at him bewildered.

"Seriously?", She questioned before running a small calculation in her head to which Manik burst out laughing.

"Jeez nandini. Its intended to sound romantic that your hubby missed you so freaking much. You don't need to cross check that. Such a romance spoiler!", Manik teased her and she bit her lip embarrassed.

" Ohh...!", She looked down fighting the urge to smile at her own stupidity.

Manik took two more steps towards her and held her close to himself. So close that even air struggled to pass between them and in a jerk, held her hands and crossed them over his neck before bending a little down, his eyes not leaving hers all this while! He continued to stare at her and then moved his gaze towards her pouty, luscious pinkish lips. And as he bent in to finally savour the taste of them, a sound called him.

A distant sound.

It seemed like Nandini's voice.

And boom!

He wasn't near her anymore, going to almost have the kiss of his life. He was still standing afar and Nandini wasn't even in the room. He was daydreaming her. Holy shit! He mentally facepalmed himself though a small blush adorned his cheeks.

"Manik...?", Nandini called again and then he finally realized that she was in the washroom, calling him to pass her the towel while he was busy in his dream sequence.

" Yeah coming...", He hurriedly gave her what she needed and ushered out of the room only to bump into Kabir and his dad, who were actually coming to meet Nandini upstairs.

"Woah woah bro! What's wrong?", Kabir raised an eyebrow and Manik looked at both of them, embarrassed, blushing and nervous all at once.

"Nothing. Just like that...", He stammered and walked past them to downstairs where Nyonika was setting the table for the dinner.

"Mumma...", He nagged Nyonika as he sat on one of the chairs while she continued doing her work. Now, if you were Mrs Nyonika Malhotra, mother of the great Manik Malhotra, you would know that he seldom called out 'mumma'. He rather sticked to mom or maa or something. But whenever he was confused or emotional or embarrassed, it turned out to be 'Mumma', perks of a mother-child relationship.

" Manik? What happened?", Nyonika cupped his face asking him. But the irony of the situation was, he had no idea what to answer. He came to his mother, as per his habit but he couldn't share that he wanted to kiss his lawfully wedded wife.

Could he?

"Umm...Nothing...", He said getting up when Nyonika laughed and held his wrist.

"Manik Malhotra, no matter what you do or how much older you grow, you are still going to be my son. Remember?", She smiled sarcastically and Manik whinned making faces.