60. Coming Clean

~ Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainity. Enjoy the period of becoming. Because when nothing is certain, anything is possible.~

Neil was sitting in his cabin going through some files when the door barged open, revealing Nandini, who stood fidgeting with her fingers in front of him. Neil smiled, he had been expecting her.

"Nandini? Hey. Come in, sit", Neil welcomed her warmly and Nandini forced a smile.

" It might sound cliche, but I was expecting you, infact just thinking about you", Neil laughed and Nandini initially furrowed her eyebrows before finally bursting into laughter.

"Why the hell do I forget that my friend is now an astrologer too, and can read me like anything?", Nandini mumbled, sacrsatically and Neil gave her a proud expression, unbothered.

" So?", Neil questioned, as he didn't like beating around the bush.

Nandini sighed, her fingers playing with the end of her dupatta and her eyes filling with tears slowly.

"Neil, I am confused.", Nandini spoke, waiting for him to ask something but Neil didn't speak, instead gestured her to continue speaking whatever was in her mind.

" Neil, Manik is a gem, more than a gem basically. He is so different from any of them men I have known, he is so different from him. Though I loved him too, he was my f-father, but still, Manik", all her nervousness disappeared and a smile adorned her face, " he is so good to me Neil. He cares for me like anything and loves me so much that I forget everything else in his embrace. I love him too, I love him like anything. Before him, I never understood why people said they couldn't breath without their beloved, but now, even I can't stand the thought of him being away from me, even for a day. He is my life, no much more than that, he is everything to me. God! I can't believe I am talking like a teenage girl but this is what he has done to me", Nandini blabbered initially, and later cursed herself as she realized she was making no sense whatsoever. She looked up to find Neil smiling at her, his eyes twinkling.

"What?", She snapped and he raised his hands in surrender.

" Yaar Nandini, I love this Manik's beloved version of yours more than this snappy one.", Neil whispered tongue in check, all ready to face her anger, but instead, found her blushing.

Love and it's weird ways!

"Okay, but I don't think you come to me to confess your undying love for your own husband?", Neil raised an eyebrow and the question brought her back to earth. Right, she had not come here for that.

" Yeah, I c-came f-for", she fumbled as Neil looked up at her concerned

" Yeah, I c-came f-for", she fumbled as Neil looked up at her concerned. Nandini didn't fumble ever.

" What's wrong Nandini?", Neil asked, concerned and Nandini took a deep breath, before looking back at him, with eyes glistening.

"I love him Neil, and that's the reason I don't want to hurt him anymore. I never knew that my emotional incapabilities are that disturbing, otherwise I would not have married him. He deserves someone who would cherish him, who would treat him the way he deserves. I-i don't know if I can love someone that way, the way he deserves to be loved....", Nandini trailed off, her voice now betraying her, and tears that she tried so hard to hold back, rolled down her chubby cheeks. Neil shook his head, both of them were crazy. He knew he had to play the wrong way now, only that would put some sense in her head.