Chapter 12 - Apologies 2.0

Start from the beginning

"Episodes?"

"I...-" He breathed deeply and clenched his jaw tightly. "I'm a-"

He got cut off when the door to my room suddenly burst open. I jumped back in shock and instantly moved my eyes towards the door. I shrunk further into my bed when an angry looking Gabriel emerged from the doorway. His eyes were glossy and dark, and he stumbled a bit in his step. I could immediately tell that he was drunk. Not over the top drunk but drunk enough to be irrational and angry.

"Seraphina? I was fucking looking for you everywhere." He exclaimed, looking absolutely worrisome. When his eyes took note of my tear stained face and Logan's figure sitting on my bed, they instantly filled with confusion.

"Logan?"

Logan stood up, moving away from me and putting some distance between us. I noticeable sighed in relief, the feeling of uneasiness slowly subsiding. It was still there, but I felt less worried. My heart rate was still racing at an incredibly fast pace, wondering what I was to tell Gabriel about my current position. Despite all my fears of Logan, I wasn't going to rat him out and possibly end his friendship with my brother. I would never intentionally do that to someone. My conscience was yelling at me to tell, saying that he didn't deserve a third chance. However, I believed every one deserved another chance. I felt like I was partially covering up for Logan because I felt sorry that he had no one else besides Gabriel. The other part wanted to protect him against my brother's wrath because I liked him, and still believed that him and I had a chance.

It was absolute mindless dreaming.

"What the actual shit are you doing here man?" Gabriel asked with narrowed eyes. His eyes snapped towards me in question, before they moved towards Logan again. Deciding that I hated when Logan was put on the spot like that, I intervened. I mentally slapped myself for still being so soft hearted towards him even after every thing he did.

I cleared my dry throat. "I felt claustrophobic in the party and panicked when I couldn't find a familiar face. Logan brought me up here to calm me." I lied, feeling horrible for lying to his face so blatantly. But I couldn't give Logan away like that. I was risking their friendship. And a small, selfish part of me acknowledged that if they weren't friends anymore, Logan and I would never see each other again. I couldn't even begin to think about my mixed emotions on that. It was certain now that Logan was my crush, whether I wanted him to be or not.

"You helped her?" Gabriel asked in question.

Logan shrugged, sticking his hands firmly into his jeans pockets. "Of course I did. She means a lot to you and that makes her mean a lot to me too."

I felt hurt in some ways. He claimed he cared, but his actions said otherwise. And it hurt knowing that I only meant something to him because I was his best friends little sister. Obviously he had to care for me. But not the way I wanted him to.

"Well," Gabriel visibly gulped. "I would prefer you and her not be alone in one room. Though I'm really glad that you were there to help her."

Logan nodded slowly, sending Gabriel a small smile. I wanted to slap him for lying right to my brothers face, but after what had happened I was still shaken up. Besides, I really didn't want to get him into any trouble and risk never seeing him again. Any sane person would want him gone as soon as they saw him rage out like that for no reason, so why ever I was protecting him was beyond me.

"Are you okay, Sera? I'm trying really hard not to be angry that you so blatantly ignored the rules and came downstairs when I clearly said you can't."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. He was right, I never belonged in places where there were alcohol and crowds. I never fitted well there.