Howl - Draco Short

{your pov}

I was sitting at the end of the table as usual talking to some friends and laughing at some first years freaking out about all the magic.

"Gosh I remember when I was one of them." Pansy laughed.

"Yeah I embarrassed myself all the time!" I add in.

"Who didn't? All first years embarrass themselves!"

"I doubt Draco did." I reply and they all not in agreement.

"Yeah the guy is too busy embarrassing others." We all laugh as owls fly in a hand out letters.

I never really expect anything since my parents don't really give a shit. That is until I see my owl floating in and dropping a letter in front of me.

"Huh?" I tilt my head to the side and look at the red envelope.

"Open it!" (F/n) says, giving my pleading eyes. The other girls are staring at it too with curiosity.

I reach my hand out slowly towards it and am about to grab it until it jumps up. The paper folds in such a way that it forms a mouth and begins speaking.

Oh god... not a howler please no...

My thoughts are interrupted as it begins... howling.

"(Y/N) I REALLY LIKE YOU. I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU..."

I look around the room frantically and everyone's staring at me. I turn and see people laughing and I expect Draco to be too but all he does is stare at the letter with fear and somewhat regret.

"I THINK YOU'RE REALLY PRETTY. SORRY I HAD TO DO THIS IN THE FORM OF A LETTER, IT'S JUST I GET REALLY NERVOUS AROUND YOU..."

I begin chucking.

"WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME....

There's a long pause and everyone waits.

"FROM DRACO."

The whole room is silent you could hear a pin drop. Then all of a sudden everyone bursts into laughter and points at Draco who looks around frantically before getting up and running out of the hall. I wait a bit as everyone looks at me and laughs before getting up and following him.
I can help the grin and laughter coming from my lips, too.

I run out and see Draco leaning against a wall running his hands over his face.

"Draco?" I ask. His head shoots up and he stares at me with fear.

"(Y/n)! I-I'm so sorry that wasn't meant to be a howler!" He blurts out.

"So it was you? Not just one of your friends playing a prank?" He hesitates and shakes his head.

"No." He mumbles. "I sent it." He looks down and away from me and I chuckle.

"Yes." I say and he looks up confused.

"Huh?"

"Yes... I will go out with you." At that, a huge grin spreads across his face and he steps closer to me, his grin turning to a smirk.

"I really like you, (Y/n)." He whispers, grabbing my waist and pressing his lips onto mine before I could even reply. He pulls away and takes in a breath before saying,

"And I don't have to yell it for everyone to hear.
As long as you know."

i didn't edit, sorry.