35. Farewell OSU

I walk into an office and a lady was sitting at the desk.

"I need to speak with him" I said to her.

"Do you have an appointment?" she said I rolled my eyes and went to open the president of OSU door and there those 3 men stood. "Excuse me young lady, you can't come in here, sorry sir" the assistant said.

"I'm Vanessa" I said hoping they know my name. The president stares at me.

"It's fine Lucy" he said and she leaves annd shuts the door.

"Is this her?" one of the guys said who may be the one who works for the government.

"I guess so" the president said and looking at me.

"Well see why Derek West did what he did" the other guy said. Yuck, disgusting I thought to myself.

"What can I do you for hun?" he said.

"Please don't fire coach. I'm sorry, it was all me. I pushed him and please tell me what I have to do" I said.

"He shouldn't have had a relationship with you" the president said and I cried.

"I know and I'm sorry, I'm willing to do whatever, please don't punish him" I said.

"I can make you one offer Vanessa and it's a painful one, think real hard and careful. Coach can stay and we will forget about this whole thing now, if................ you quit basketball for the rest of this season and next year you transfer to another college" he said. My heart stopped and my life literally fell to pieces.

"And you and coach of course stop seeing each other" the other guy said. I look down and shake my head cry.

"Do you need some time to think about this?" he said I wipe my eyes.

"No, I want this. I'll turn in everything tomorrow to the basketball team. Please let me finish this year and then you won't have to see me again" I said.

"Sorry it has to be like this Vanessa" the president said.

"Me too" I said.

"I'll put in a good word for you at OU if you'll like" he said.

"Thank you" I said leaving. I bite my lip and walked back to my dorm.

"YOU'RE LEAVING!" Jamie yells at me after I told her what happened. I wipe my tears and shake my head. "Vanessa, you can't just give up your life for this man" she said.

"I'm not, with me doing this we both win. He keeps his job and I can still play ball next year and I'm still going to college" I said.

"But we're at OSU Vanessa" she said.

"Jamie it would really help if you tried to make me feel better" I said rolling my eyes and she took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry I can't. This is all wrong, have you told your parents?" she asked.

"I'll break the news to them later, I don't want to now" I said. Jamie shakes her head and throws the pillow at the door.

"Ugh wish we can go beat the shit out of Hiliary" Jamie said.

"I just don't get it" I said.

"What?" Jamie said.

"Why now? Why this minute? She's known about it for what like a week now and she decided to do this now?" I said.

"Maybe she was waiting for a good time?" Jamie said.

"Or maybe it wasn't her" I said.

"What are you talking about? Of course it was her, Derek said it. Who else? Not many people know and would hate you guys to do this" Jamie said.