22. Consequences

We went through our drills, I wasn't in mindset for this game what so ever.

"Harrison pass the ball!" Felicity shouts at me and I realize I'm preventing everyone from practicing.

"Sorry" I whispered to myself and passed it to Heather. The buzzer rings and we jogged over to where coach was. I couldn't even look at him.

"McCarthy is jumping............Harrison be ready for the 1st play" he said and I look away.

"Bucks on 3, 1...2...3..." Bianca says.

"BUCKS" everyone yells except me. I walk back out the court and it just didn't feel right. I couldn't wrap my mind around that this happened to me. I look over at him and he stares at me biting his thumb. The only thing coach loves more than anything, is winning. I'll show him what it's like to have your heartbroken. That's exactly what I did, I played terrible 1st and 2nd quarter. I wasn't passing right, I was traveling, turnovers, anything to make us lose. We were down by 16 as we walked back to the locker room. I sat on my post drinking my water when someone hits it out my mouth. I look up to see Heather and she was heated.

"What the fuck Heather" I yelled standing up.

"What the fuck are you doing out there Harrison!" she yells. I smirk and rolled my eyes.

"Sometimes we have bad games"

"You bitch!" she said pushing me against the locker.

"What the hell!" I said pushing her back. Bianca holds Heather back.

"I don't know what's wrong with you. But you know if we are having personal issues we leave it off the court!" Heather yells.

"Harrison, we are undefeatable, we don't play like this and we know you don't play like this. You are not the only one on this team" Bianca said. I stare at them. Heathers shakes her head.

"Straighten up Harrison" she said walking away. I look ahead to see Coach West watching the whole thing. I shake my head and look down.

"Umm this hasn't been the best 1st and 2nd quarter, but I know we will come back" he said and no one says anything. I think they were more surprise that he wasn't yelling at us on how awful we were. The girls were right, I am so pissed at coach but I shouldn't play shitty because it's their team too. "Let's get back out there ladies" he said. I got up and we went back to practice on the court. I played my ass off in the 3rd and 4th quarter and we ended up winning by 3 points, it wasn't a lot but we still won thanks for the 3 pointer Bianca hit. All the girls came into the locker room screaming and yelling and just crazy happy. Coach came in clapping his hands. I did not want to hear what he had to say. I started gathering my things together.

"Harrison, sorry for pushing you" I heard Heather said.

"It's cool" I said not looking at her.

"Are we cool?" she said.

"Sure" I said putting my sweats on and walking pass her.

"Harrison I wanted to say something to everyone" Coach said as I pass him. I ignored him and left. It was so freaking cold when I got outside.

"YO" someone shouts and I look over to see Trevor jogging up to me. He smiles then his face drops. "What's wrong Nessa?" I couldn't help myself but to start crying. Trevor pulls me into his arms and starts rubbing my back.

"Nessa?" someone says and I look over and Jaime walks over to me. "What's wrong?"

"Here... I parked over" Trevor says and we walk to his car. Jaime got in the back, I got in the passenger side and Trevor sits next to me. "Was is about the game? We all have bad games sometimes Vanessa" he adds.

"He was playing me" I finally said.

"Yea we know. We saw you on the court" Trevor says.

"No Trev. Derek... was legit playing me. He was still dating Hillary this whole time. She was in Paris for work for the pass months" I said.

"Vanessa, I am so sorry" Jaime says rubbing my back.

"How can someone do that?" I say wiping my tears.

"He's an asshole" Trevor said. "He doesn't deserve you Harrison"

"I need to go" I said getting out the car. Jaime gets out as well and we silently walked back to our dorm. When we get to our floor, I see Bianca leaning against our dorm.

"You going to be okay?" Jaime asked.

"Yea, I'll be in" I said and Jaime unlocks the door and goes in. "What's up B?" I said.

"Harrison... I know about you and coach" she blurts out.

"I don't know what you are talking about?" I said.

"I knew about you guys for awhile now honey. I didn't tell anyone because I thought you guys were cute and it was a beautiful thing. Until tonight..." she says staring at me and I couldn't help but to cry. Bianca comes up to me and hugs me. "I am so sorry he hurt you, and I know that's why you played horrible in the first half of our game tonight" she said looking at me.

"I don't want to talk about it"

"Then you are going to hate on what I have to say next" and I stare at her. "All the girls were talking and there was a vote"

"For?"

"Vanessa... as captain, I am suspending you from Thursday's game. You almost cost us tonight because of this" she says. I shake my head and looked away. "I really didn't want to do this but the girls were angry and I'm sorry"

"It's whatever"

"You still have to come to practice" she said.

"I'll talk to you later Bianca, night"I said going into my dorm and closing the door.