10. Secretly Dating

The next day after class I got my basketball stuff and went over to the locker room to get changed.

"Coach coming in" a girl yelled. We all sit at our post and Derek, or should I say Coach West comes in.

"Evening ladies, hope you all had a good weekend. Now it's time to get back to business, as you ladies know the season is approaching and I want that first win. Let's buckle down and stay focus" he said looking at all of us. However he makes no eye contact with me. "Let's get out there" he said and we all head out to the gym to start stretching then did some drills. It was a regular practice and Coach West went back to being an asshole. It was like this weekend never even happened. For the past 2 weeks it was like this. School and basketball on the weekdays and basketball and hanging out with Derek on the weekends. On the weekdays he was busy with not only basketball but his other job but we made sure to text each other. I honestly believe we were dating but Derek made sure not to call it that. We had to keep us a secret of course so no one knew about us except Carson and Jamie. I ended up going home on Thursday to get my car and bringing it back to college.

"I am so excited for homecoming tomorrow" Felicity says.

"You know what that means?" Bianca asked.

"That football is wrapping up and basketball season is right around the corner" Heather said and they high-five. I sat there with my sports bra and pulled my socks off.

"Who you going with Harrison?" Felicity asked.

"Friends" I said and they stare at me. "Seriously I'm going with my friends Jamie and Carson" I said and they laugh.

"It's a shame that Carson is gay, he's really hot" Felicity said and we started laughing. After practice coach came to talk to us in the locker room.

"Good job today ladies, now I know its Homecoming weekend, so as a nice guy, I'm cancelling practice tomorrow. I hope you ladies have fun, not too much and be ready to go on Monday" he said and all the girls cheered. He smiles, looks at me, and then leaves. Felicity turned on the music and some of the girls started dancing. I walked out the locker room in my sports bra and went to coach's office.

"Hi" I said and coach West turns around and looks at me. He looks down at my body, stiffens his back then back at me.

"I don't think this is a good idea Harrison" he said. I bite my lip then closed the door.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to homecoming"

"With who?" he asked.

"Just my friends"

"As in Jamie and Carson, right?"

"Yes, but Trevor and Nathan are throwing this huge party after homecoming and we all were going to go to that" I said. He stares at me then leans back on his desk. I walk up to him and stood right in front of him. "We don't want people to think somethings up, all the basketball ladies think I'm dating Trevor secretly and who knows why. But everything will be fine" I said.

"Why are you telling me this now?" he asked.

"Because tomorrow I'm going to be very busy so I won't see you"

"Ok well I hope you have fun, just text me" he said and I smile.

"Okay" I said walking away before he grabs my hand and stares at me. I look back at the door to make sure no one will come in or see us and I turned around to kiss him. "Bye" I said and left. That night, I spent most of my time shaving all unnecessary hair from my body. The next day we all had hair and nail appointments. Then we went back to our dorm to get ready. I wore this white tight dress with my red heels and red jewelry with curls in my hair. Jamie wore a green dress with white shoes and Carson wore a nice black vest suit. We took a few pictures and were on our way. We went out to eat and waited till it was time to go. I took a selfie then sent it to coach and he texted me back that I look so beautiful. 

Carson drove that night to the homecoming place. After the dance, everyone was going back home to change and to head over to Trevor's and Nathans. "Hey, I'm going to go see Derek" I said looking at myself in my dress.

"No come on Nessa" Jamie said.

"I'm pretty sure Trevor will be looking for you at the party" Carson said.

"Can you guys stop? You know I'm kind of with...yea" I said.

"Vanessa, come on he's your coach. It's not really going to happen" Jamie said and I stare at her.

"She's right Vanessa. Do you really think you guys could actually be something?" Carson said.

"Thanks for having hope for me guys" I said.

"We're just looking out for you" Jamie said.

"Yea, right" I said walking away and leaving. I got in my car and drove over to coach's house. Great to see my friends supporting me. I get to his house and parked my car. I go up to his house and knocked on his door. After about a few minutes he answers shirtless and I smile. "Hi" I said.

"Hey, you look very beautiful" he said smiling.

"Thank you" I said walking into his house.

"Not going to Trevor's?" he said shutting the door.

"No, I rather be with you."

"Well that's sweet" he said and I turn to look at him, his body then back to him.

"What were you doing?

"Eh, all work" he said passing me going down to his bedroom and I followed. His desk was covered in papers and a basketball game was playing on TV. His bedroom was actually clean.

"What kind of work?" I said going beside him and starring at him.

"Paper work and mapping out plays for our first big game" he said looking at me.

"Sounds like you're busy" I said and he laughs.

"How was the dance?"

"Eh, alright" I said walking away from the bed.

"Well that's not so good' he said sorting his papers out on his desk.

"Can you help me?" I asked.

"With what?" he said not even looking at me.

"My dress....." I start to say and he's too occupied with his work. "I want it off...Derek" I say and he slowly turns around. I bite my lip and turned around and point to the zipper.

"Vanessa..."

"It's a really stubborn zipper" I said and I hear him let out a sigh. He walks over and starts to unzip my dress. I feel his hot breath on my neck. I feel the zipper get to the end and Derek's hands move away from me. I turn around and look at him and was just about to take one sleeve off.

"Don't"

"And why not?"

"Vanessa... I just don't think you should do that".

"You're right, you should" I said smiling.

"That's not what I meant" he said and he backs up from. He stares at me then walks into his closet and comes back to give me one of his shirts and a pair of basketball shorts. I stare at him at him in disbelief. Did he not want to sleep with me? That's what you do when you have a boyfriend you really like, right?