25. Reality

Later on that night Trevor and Jamie took me back to the dorm and Trevor went to go pick up my medicine. By the time he came back I was super tired. On Sunday, it was just a day in pain and it was killing me.

"He said after break?" Jamie said.

"Yea unless I start training now" I said.

"But you could risk hurting yourself" Trevor said giving me some hot tea.

"I'm not going to stay coop up in here till I go home for break" I said.

"You have more time to study for exams" Jamie said.

"That doesn't help Jamie" I said.

"Sorry..." she said and went to sit by Nathan who was working on something on his laptop. The next day Trevor, Jamie and Nathan had class and Jamie told me she would bring my work to me. Like I said before I was not going to stay in this dorm room all day. If you want something in life you can't sit around waiting for it to come to you. You have to go and get it... and I want Derek. If he sees me trying he will realize why he liked me and take me back.

I got up and limped over to my closet to put on my basketball shorts. I grabbed a sports bra and a jacket and limp my way to the gymnasium. Gotta get back at it. I set the time at one of the gym clocks and started to run, well walk really fast and my leg cries in pain. Every time I did it, I kept getting fast and faster and even started to run. I realize I was in the gym too long when I look up to see coach. All my pain struck back to my leg and I collapse.

"Damn it Vanessa" he yells running over to me and I hold my leg. He bends down next to me and gets closer. "What are you doing? You could hurt yourself" he said.

"Maybe if you saw how hard I'm pushing you might like me again" I said and he stares at me. "The first time you really yelled and got mad at me is our first game, I wasn't running fast enough, I'm trying to fix that because... I love you Derek" I said when a tear dropped.

"Harrison..." he said turning around to the gym doors then looks back at me. He takes a deep breath and I shake my head. I close my eyes and it hit me, he doesn't want me. I open my eyes and look at him and he stares at me.

"It doesn't matter does it? No matter what I do or how hard I try, you won't love me back" I said and he looks down and tears just started to pour out of me. I shake my head and stand up cautiously. I limp out of the gym back to my dorm and took a shower. Every morning I started to practice running to help my leg and Trevor was right there to help. Then in the afternoon I would do my homework and study for exams. It was time to get over Derek, if he won't fight for me I shouldn't fight for him. I need to focus on myself, basketball, school and my friends. It was the week of exams and Trevor and I were studying in my dorm room. "I'm going to drop out of physics, this is impossible" I said and he laughs.

"No it's not, you just really have to try and understand it" he said.

"I understand I'm going to fail this exam" I said and he laughs.

"Here let me change your bandage" he said. I move closer to him and he unwraps my bandages. "It's looking much better" he said.

"Well thanks doc" I said and he smirks at me. "Seriously thank you Trevor" I said grabbing his hand. "For everything, you've honestly help me through all of this"

"Of course" he said smiling at me.

"We are here!" Jamie said coming into the dorm with Nathan. "We've got pizza and tickets to the girls game tonight" Jamie said.

"Jamie, you know we need to study" I said.

"We've been studying nonstop, it's time for a break" she said.

"And we got pizza" Nathan said sitting the pizza down. I look at Trevor and he was finishing my bandage.

"Okay?" Jamie said.

"Fine, only tonight" I said. We ate and I got dress and wore my leggings and a sweater and we walked over to the gym. We walk in when I hear a scream and Felicity runs over to me and hugs me.

"Hey Harrison!" she said smiling and the rest of the basketball team walks over.

"We will go find seats" Jamie said leaving.

"Harrison..." Heather said.

"I know you've missed me" I said and she smirks and hugs me.

"Just miss us arguing with each other" Heather said.

"I always look forward to it" I joked and she rolls her eyes.

"How's that leg?" Bianca said hugging me.

"Almost healed" I said.

"Good we need you out here" she said and I smile

"You guys better get back out there and continue to practice, good luck" I said and they all smiled and jogged back over to their side. I look ahead to see coach staring at me and turn around to go find Jamie, Trevor and Nathan.

During 2nd quarter the girls weren't doing so hot. I look over to see Jamie and Nathan laughing and enjoying each other's company. They weren't paying attention to the game but they were happy. I look over and Trevor was intrigued with the game. I don't think I was ready to move on but to get over someone that's really what you had to do. During halftime the girls were losing by 12. "I'll be back" I said standing up.

"Want me to come?" Trevor asked.

"No it's okay" I said and I made my way down to the floor then the basketball hallway to the girls locker room. I take a deep breath and walk more in to see coach going over plays.

AUTHORS NOTE: (MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK CALLED "CAUGHT UP" it's a Dylan O'Brien fanfic)