27. Resume

During break I really focused on myself and pushed everything and everyone to the back of my mind. I was working on getting my leg better so I could start the season back. I was busy with family and it was hard especially the fact that both my parents aren't together and I had to make sure to spend time with both of them. This winter break was much needed and I felt like I became myself again.

When I arrived back on campus, I was excited to see Jamie and Nathan again. Jamie told me Nathan came down to meet her parents and they spent New Years together! I was happy for Jamie and Nathan and they looked like such a cute couple.

Classes resumed and I wasn't that excited for them but I was happy to finally be back at practice.

"Please no pictures" I said walking into the locker room and the girls scream.

"Welcome back Harrison" Heather said and the girls came over to hug me.

"It's so good to be back" I said.

"Just because you had an injury does not mean we are going to take it easy on you out there" Heather said smacking my butt.

"Bring it" I said changing at my post.

"Coach coming in 5" someone said and I get my sports bra and basketball shorts on as Coach walks in. Wow, seeing him after the long break felt... normal. He had more facial hair on him and he looked super handsome. I cant really think like that anymore now that he's just my coach.

"Second half of the season. Welcome back ladies" he said and the girls cheered. "Ahh I see we have a new face here" he says and I look up at him and he smirks and I smile and the girls started laughing. "Welcome back Harrison" he said.

"Thanks coach" I said putting on my jersey and he started to go over some new rules.

"Put on your shirts" someone yells and Coach Iles walks in.

"What are you doing old man?" Coach West said.

"Well I came to the ladies to invite them to my wife and I 43rd anniversary party" he said and we awed. "Yea, yea" he said and we laugh. "It's this Saturday at 6pm at the Lake house which I will have Coach West text you the address, hope to see everyone there"

"We all will be there" Bianca said and he smiles.

"Now you may continue" Coach Iles said to coach west and they laugh and coach Iles leaves. After practice it was back to the basics, school and basketball. It was Thursday and it was my first game back and I started to get the jitters again. We were in the locker room when coach came in.

"We are an undefeatable team, let's keep it that way" he said and we all yell. If we lose today, it'll be all on me. "Lets get out there ladies" he said and the girls got up and ran out. I look down at my leg and take a deep breath. Ugh! Please don't fail me, I thought to myself as I get up. I walked out the locker room when coach stood in front of me.

"Oh" I said looking at him. This is awkward because we use to kiss before games.

"You are probably nervous, but you are going to be fine, like you always are. Trust your leg, you got this!" he said and I smile at him.

"Thanks coach" I said and I hug him. "Let's hug it out for good luck" I said smiling and he hugs me tightly. I could probably stay like this forever and for a split second I think coach could too. We let go and I smile at him. "Let's go whoop some ass" I said and he laughs and we walk out on the court.

We won the game that night and it felt so good to be back on the court. It felt amazing to have that basketball in my hand. The sweat dripping from face, the constant yelling Heather and I do on the court, it felt amazing and I was grateful! We went to the locker room cheering.

"It's so good to have you back" Bianca said and I smile at her.

"It's so good to be back" I said. The next day it was the boys game but I was going to skip it because Jamie and I were going dress shopping for the party tomorrow. Nathan was bringing Jamie as his date and Trevor is taking whoever he's talking to so I was just going to 3rd wheel. After classes were over Friday, Jamie and I went out to eat then went to the mall to do some shopping.

"I feel lame for tagging a long with you guys" I start to say and she looks at me.

"It's not lame Harrison" she said and I rolled my eyes. "If you want we can see what Carson is doing tonight?"

"What? He'll probably wear a dress with me" I said and we laugh. "Anyways, he's too busy with his cheereleading friends" I said.

"Everything will be fine, and I think I found my dress" Jamie said grabbing a purple dress and going to try it on. I looked around a little more till I saw the most beautiful dress ever. I grabbed it and went to try it on. It was perfect and I was going to get it. .I took it off before Jamie could ask to see it. "Dude I'm fat!" Jamie said and I step out the dressing room and she was having trouble. "I've been eating a lot of pizza" she said and I laugh.

"Shut up, you put your hand in the wrong hole, it's restricting the dress" I said helping her and she stood infront of the mirror.

"Ugh, I love it" she said.

"It's very beautiful" I said.

"What about you? Find something yet?" she said.

"I did and you won't see it until tomorrow night" I said leaving her to go pay for the dress. After we bought our dresses we head back to the car and started to head home to the dorms.

"I'm a virgin!" Jamie said in the car randomly. I look over and laugh.

"Thanks for sharing" I said laughing.

"No I'm serious. What if tomorrows the night Nathan wants to get with me in that way" she said.

"Well you guys better be going to his house" I said laughing.

"I'm serious" she said and I took a deep breath.

"If you aren't ready, then tell him that. He seems like a respectful guy so he'll wait" I said.

"How do I know if I'm ready or not?" she said.

"Well think about it. If you guys screw up and you become pregnant, he's going to be the dad, can you see yourself with him?" I said kinda laughing.

"I'm serious" she said laughing too.

"I don't know Jamie. You just know" I said.

"How'd you know you were ready with..............Derek?" she said I straightened my back.

"I guess it was the way he treated me and looked at me. He was gorgeously handsome and we had things in common" I said looking over to her.

"Do you miss him?" she asked.

"I don't know. Anyways, this is about you and Nathan........." I said.

"I just don't want to make you feel like you can't talk to me about it" she said.

"It's fine" I said and we pull up the dorm.