18. What Are We?

"Oh okay" I said going into the locker room to change. Coach Frail took it easy on us for this practice. After it was over we all went back to the locker room to change.

"Boys basketball game tomorrow, who's going?" Heather said and some of the girls cheered. "Harrison?" she said.

"Yea maybe" I said leaving and going back to my dorm. I took a shower and changed into my leggings a shirt and a jacket with my boots. I went to my car and drove down to Coach's house. I get out of the car and go knock on his door and no answer. "Come on Derek" I said. I kept knocking but nothing. He was here, his car was here. I mean more cars than usual were here. I went to the side and hopped the fence and went to his back door and slide it open. I walk into the kitchen and looked around. Nothing. I go to his bedroom and it was made neatly.

"Vanessa?" someone said and I turn around to see him and he stares at me.

"I'm sorry I came in from the back, I knocked repeatedly" I said and he just stares at me. "I'm so sorry Derek, it wasn't supposed to happen. It didn't mean anything" I said. He lets out a sigh and rubs his head. "I'm sorry" I come again.

"Do you like him?" he asked.

"No" I said straight forward. He walks up to me and I stare at him. He puts his hand on my cheek and I close my eyes and started to breath heavily. He puts his other hand on my waist and I look at him and he bends over to kiss me and I wasn't hesitant kissing him back.

"Der?" someone says. Derek pulls back and stares at me.

"Yea?" he shouts downstairs.

"Everything okay?" the female voice said.

"Yea, I'll be back down in a minute" he said.

"Who's that?" I whispered.

"My mom, I have family downstairs, that's why I didn't come into practice" he said walking into the kitchen. I follow him.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll go" I said.

"Oh I didn't know you had company up here" the female voice said behind us. We turn around and this older women was smiling at me.

"Mom... I told you I'll be back down" he said.

"You were taking too long, who's this pretty girl?" she said walking up to me.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa, I'm one of his players" I said.

"Oh wow, you could fool me. You don't look like a basketball girl more like a beauty queen" she said and I smile.

"Thank you" I said laughing. "I should go, I will talk to you later... coach" I said.

"No, please stay. We have food, music and basketball" she said. I look over at Coach and he was smiling at me.

"You sure?" I said.

"Yes" she said and I smile. "Der hurry up and come downstairs" she said walking back downstairs.

"If you don't want me to stay, I won't" I said to him.

"No I do" he said moving my hair out my face. He takes off my jacket and sets it on the counter. He bends over and started to kiss on my neck. I smile and close my eyes. "Don't let it happen again Nessa" he says.

"I won't" I promised and he smiles at me grabbing my hand and we head downstairs. He let go of my hand before we reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Vanessa, this is my older brother James, his wife Mandy and their kids Jimmy and Ryan" Derek says and I shook their hands.