19. Jealous

"Coach..." Heather said. He looks over at me and I look back at the court. Derek sits a row down from us and I felt a little relieved. "So you and Trevor?" Heather said.

"Umm, we decided to be just friends" I said.

"But still, he kissed you" Heather said and some of the girls laughed.

"Excuse me but is this seat taken?" a blonde women said to Derek.

"No, not at all" he said smiling at her and she sat down. People around me got too loud so I couldn't hear their conversation but he was smiling big time and even a few laughs.

"Didn't know he knew how to be fun" Bianca said staring at coach.

"That blonde bitch better watch out, he's got a girlfriend" Felicity said. The girls don't know that they've been broken up for awhile now. When the game started it was loud and crazy, I tried to pay attention to the game but my eyes were always brought back to Derek and that blonde bitch. They were talking away, drinking beer that I saw Derek buy for them and acting like they knew each other for awhile. When 3rd quarter hit, the bucks were leading by 7. I look back at Derek and the blonde bitch and she was taking Derek's phone putting her number in it and he let her! I rolled my eyes and got up from my seat.

"You okay Harrison?" Bianca said.

"Yes, just need air" I said moving through the girls and went out the gym. I hurried out the building and into the parking lot when someone grabs my arm and I turn around to see Derek. I pulled my arm back and stare at him.

"Don't make a scene" he said looking around then back at me.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I said and he stares at me. "Why is it so hard for you? Why is it so bad that I want to call you my boyfriend and you call me your girlfriend and we have a relationship? I don't want to be your friends with benefits. If that's what you think we are then you might as well never talk to me again" I said staring at him.

"Vanessa..." he said taking a deep breath.

"Your mom told me that if you don't appreciate me enough then you don't deserve me"

"It's not that easy"

"Here I'll make it easy for you, whatever we have.....it's done" I said turning away and walking away.

"Vanessa!" he said getting a littlelouder. I walk a little faster until I get to my dorm. Jamie was gone and I went to take a shower. I changed into some shorts and a tank-top and sat on my bed finishing up some homework. Derek kept calling me non-stop where I had to turn my phone off. I listen to someone knock on my door.

"Vanessa, it's Trevor, can we talk?" he said. I don't say anything. "Please. I know you are in there" he said. I get up and walk over to the door and answered it. "Hey" he said stepping in and shutting the door.

"Hi" I said looking at him.

"Saw you leave the game early"

"Yea sorry about that. Did you guys win?"

"We did, by 19 points"

"Wow, that's awesome" I said scratching my head.

"So you and Coach West huh?" he said and I stare at him.

"What?" I said in shock. "I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cut the crap freshmen. Jamie told me" he said. I stare at him and shake my head. "He's the other guy?" Trevor asked.

"He was...." I said looking at him.

"Want to talk about it?" he asked.

"No" I say straight forward. "But some fun news... I ride the bench for the 1st quarter tomorrow because I was late to practice today" I said.

"Ouch girl" he says staring at me. He looks down at his phone and started texting someone back.

"You can go Trevor. I'm fine, I want to be alone anyway. I know you and the guys go out and eat and things. So go have fun, I'll be fine" I say smiling and he stares at me. "Seriously" I laughed.

"If you need something, you'll call me right?" he asked.

"You are my number one" I said and he smiles.

"Bye Nessa"

"Bye Trev" I smile and he leaves my room. I walk over to my bed and called it a night. The next morning I look over and Jamie was sleeping in her bed. I rolled my eyes and went to get ready for my game. We had to meet at the gym at one. I walk over and all the girls were ready. We played the Bobcats and the school was like half an hour away.

"Hey you okay?" Bianca said.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"Because you left yesterday"

"Oh yea, sorry I had things on my mind. I'm fine" I said and she rubbed my back.

"Okay ladies, it's our first away game" Coach said and they all cheered. "What are we going to bring back?"

"A win of course" Heather said and everyone cheered.

"Exactly, bus is here, everyone gonget on" he said. We all grabbed our things and made our way to the bus.

"We don't love you any less Harrison" Bianca said.

"But freshmen sit in the front, with coach" Heather said and they stare at me.

"Oh" I said taking a seat behind the bus driver.

"Sorry girl" Bianca said.

"It's okay" I said smiling at her and they made their way to the seats in the back. I grabbed my earphones and stuck it in my phone and coach comes onto the bus. He looks at me and I put my earphones in and he started talking. I look away and listen to my favorite Sam Smith song then felt the bus move. All of the sudden my earphones were pulled out of my ear and Derek sits down next to me.

"You really trying to piss me off?" he says.

"There's another seat over there" I said and he looks at me.