29. Second Chance

Oh boy. He comes over to sit next to meet me.

"Where's Hillary?" I asked.

"Eh, her bra is bothering her or something" he said.

"Ha, good thing I didn't wear one or undies..." I said and my eyes got big and I look over at him and started to laugh and he laughs too. "Sorry too much info coach" I said moving my hair back.

"Vanessa, it's Derek, you know that" he said staring at me and I bite my lip and looked away.

"I guess I should have brought a date huh?" I said trying to laugh but it was so true.

"Why? You want to dance Harrison?" he said and I laugh and he stands up and holds out his hand.

"What are you doing?" I said.

"We're going to dance" he said and I laugh and look away. "Come on" he said and I shake my head and grab his hand and he stands me up. I pressed my body on his and he wraps his hands around to my hips and I rest my chin on his shoulder and we started dancing to the song that was playing from inside. "God have I missed you" he said. Don't fall for it. He's still dating Hillary. I feel him rub his head up against my ear. "I'm in love with you Vanessa" he said and my heart stopped and I back up from him.

"What?" I said. He puts his hands in his pockets and stared at me.

"I love you Vanessa" he said again. Was I dreaming? Had to be.

"No. You can't" I said.

"I made a big mistake and i now realize I don't want anyone else but you" he said getting closer to me.

"No" I said looking down. He puts his left hand on my hip and his right hand lifts my head. "I'm not doing this. You had me once and it's not going to happen again" I said.

"I just need a second chance" he said.

"Harrison!" someone shouts. I turn around to see Trevor and Derek drops his hands from. "Come on, I want to dance with you!" he said.

"Okay" I said and I look back at Derek and he stares at me. I turn around and made my way back up to the house.

"Hillary's looking for you!" Trevor said like a smart-ass.

"Thanks Trevor" Derek said sarcastically back. I get to Trevor and he grabs my hand and we head inside.

"What the hell was that?" Trevor said stopping me.

"What was what?" I said.

"Don't play dumb" he said.

"We were just talking Trev" I said.

"He was touching you Vanessa" he said mad.

"Trevor it doesn't concern you, I can handle myself thank you" I said walking away to my table.

"You okay sweetie?" someone says and I look up to see coach iles wife.

"Yea I'm fine, thank you" I said trying to be cute and she stares at me. "You know don't you?" I said.

"About you and coach? Yes I do" she said.

"How?" I said.

"I saw you guys kissing on the side of my house the time you guys all came over" she said and I shake my head and look down. "There's nothing wrong with that Vanessa. Age is nothing. You're legal and you guys seem like you really like each other" she said.

"No offense but I don't like him. He's not anything to me except my coach, please excuse me" I said leaving and going out front. I called for a uber and waited till it came to get me and take me back to the dorm. All I'm worried about it school and basketball and thats it, nothing can or will get in the way! On Monday, I was not mentally prepared to go to practice or physically because it was crazy cold, but thats Ohio weather. I knew a lot of class would probably be closed this week. I walked into the locker room and went to get dress.

"Harrison I might have to borrow that dress you wore" Heather said.

"Will it fit?" I said smirking and then all the girls busted out laughing. I couldn't even help myself and laugh.

"Coach coming in" someone said.

"What does that mean?" Heather said smiling.

"Nothing, it's just that you're... you know" I said and we started laughing again.

"Watch it freshmen" she said.

"Alrighty ladies" Coach said coming and he makes eye contact with me and I look down to tie my shoe. "Two games this week and two very good teams, so let's be focus" he said.

"Coach, let's make a bet" Heather said.

"What kind?" he said.

"If we win all the games up to the end of February, we all go to Florida for spring break, your treat" she said and all the girls laugh.

"You serious?" he said.

"Yes" Heather said.

"Do you ladies like that offer?" he said and all the girls were saying yea. "Harrison, you?" he said and I look at him.

"Sure" I said and he stares at me.

"Heather you have yourself a deal" he said and they laugh. We won our game on Tuesday and Wednesday practice was going to fly bye. The captains which were Bianca, Heather and Felicity were in the locker room coming up with what they wanted to do for the game tomorrow. I was going in late because I was meeting with my professor and I brought a note this time. I sat at my post in my sports bra and spandex, trying to listen to their plans.

"Chill freshmen, you'll be captain soon enough" Heather said and I laugh.

"What are you talking about?" I said laughing.

"You are obviously listening in" Bianca said.

"You guys are literally right there" I said and we all laugh then I hear the locker room door shut.

"There you are!" someone said and I look over and Hillary storms over to me and slaps the shit out of me. I hold my jaw and look at her and stand up.

"What the fuck!" I yell getting up in her face. Bianca pulls backs Hillary and Heather pushes us apart.

"You hoe!" Hillary said and I stare at her.

"What's going on?" Heather said.

"I saw the pictures on his phone he took of you" she said. Oh no.

Vote❤️