26. Last Game

"You devil" Heather said and more of the girls acknowledge me. Coach turns and looks at me.

"You guys look dead" I said and some of them look down. I look over at coach. "Can I see that?" I said pointing to his white board and marker.

"Yea" he said handing me it. I squat down next to them.

"Number 32 it a three-point shooter, you guys knew that. She's really good on her right side, so Felicity try to push her left. You guys are going to have to double team her too. They are soon to realize that they are going to have to start driving which is okay because we are good at defense. So ladies get your head out of your ass and bring home this last win before break. You can do it. Oh and look out for number 13, she's not afraid to foul" I said

"Welcome back Harrison" Heather said and I smile.

"You ladies heard her, now let's get back out there and make a comeback" coach said and all the girls yell.

"BUCKS ON THREE! 1...2...3" Bianca said.

"BUCKS!" all the girls yell. I walk out with Felicity giving her a few more pointers then went to sit down.

"You okay?" Trevor asked.

"Yes" I said smiling at him and the game continues. The girls ended up winning last minute but it was a great victory. I went down there and congratulated them.

"Still couldn't have done it without you Harrison" Heather said and I smile and all of them scream over their win. I look over to see Derek standing beside me. Oh boy.

"Thanks, for giving them hope" he said.

"It was nothing" I said. How awkward is this? Last time I saw this man I told him I loved him and he didn't say anything back.

"How's the leg?" he said. I look down and smile.

"It's actually really good. It's like you predicted I should be able to come back after break" I said smiling to him and he smiles.

"That some good news" he said. I look over to see my friends staring at me.

"Well, have a good break Coach"

"You too, and good luck on exams Harrison"

"Thanks" I said walking away to my friends.

"You good?" Jamie said.

"Unless we get back to the dorm and keep me up to study for this exam tomorrow then no I won't be good" I said and they laugh and we walk back to the dorm. Jamie and Nathan walk in front of Trevor and I. I walk Trevor to his car and he smiles at me.

"I bet you can't wait to get back out there, huh?" he said and I smile. I step up to him and kissed him. I didn't know what came over me but I just did, it was like why not? I stop and look at him and he puts his head down.

"Why does it seem like you didn't want me to kiss you?" I said. He looks up and I see his atoms apple move up and down.

"Vanessa...I met this girl" he said and I look down and bite my lip.

"Of course you did" I whispered.

"I thought we were just friends" he said.

"Yea we are and I just embarrassed myself so there's that" I said stepping away from him.

"No don't be" he said.

"I'll see you later Trevor" I said walking away back up to my dorm. Jamie was at her computer.

"Exams scare me. I feel like I'll get kicked out of college if I fail" she said laughing.

"Well at least you didn't kiss Trevor and totally embarrass yourself" I said sitting on my bed.

"What! You guys kissed? Finally! We all are going to be so cute, we can all double date and hang out together all the time" Jamie said.

"Yea you, Nathan, Trevor and the girl he is already talking to" I said changing my outfit.

"Oh no" Jamie said.

"It's not a big deal. It's cool" I say sitting down at my desk going through my reviews. At the end of the week, after exams were finished we all were saying our goodbyes to each other until next semester. "I'm going to call you like every day" Jamie said and I laugh.

"Okay, safe trip and talk to you later" I said and she smiles. I see Trevor and Nathan get out their cars and walk over to us. Oh boy. I haven't talk to Trevor since I kissed him. I was trying to avoid him so hard. I walk over to my car and open the door when it was force shut and I look over to see Trevor staring at me.

"You aren't trying to avoid me are you freshmen?" he said.

"No"

"Then why haven't you answered any of my phone calls or text?" he asked.

"It was exam week, I didn't want to be bothered" I said.

"Right..." he said and I look up at him.

"I should go, bye Trevor. Merry Christmas and a happy new year" I said getting in my car. I start it then leave and drive back home.

AUTHORS NOTE: (Make sure you guys check out my new story "CAUGHT UP"!!!)