14. GAME ONE

He leans over and grabs a condom out of his drawer. He sets it on the pillow beside us and takes off his pants and underwear and does the same to me. I couldn't see anything because underneath the blanket it was dark. He grabs the condom and opens it and slides it on still staring at me. And we had our fun that night. The next morning I laid on Derek's chest and stared at him sleeping. I could not believe that last night really happened. I just slept with my coach. I trace his jawline and his lips and his eyes slowly open and look down at me. He smiles and rubs his eyes.

"Morning" he said.

"Morning" I said smiling kissing his perfect chest. He rubs my back and I stare at him.

"Hold on" he said bending over to his side of the bed and grabbing his phone. He puts the phone on me and I cover half my face with the blanket.

"Nooo" I said laughing and I hear him take the picture. "Why'd you do that?" I said and he smiles then shows me the picture.

"Because you are so beautiful" he said. I stare at him and bend over to kiss him and he kisses me back then rolls over me and gets out of bed and I laugh. He grabs his shorts and looks back at me. "It's game day babe, going to make us breakfast" he said leaving. I just got so many butterflies in my stomach. This is my first college game and I'm starting. My mouth got dry. I get out of bed and I went to grab one of his shorts and put on my sports bra. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair. I walk out to the kitchen when I heard the camera go off again and Derek laughs.

"Eww Derek" I said laughing.

"Can't help it" he said and I smile then look down. "I'm making pancakes"

"Yum" I said moving my hair out of my face and walking closer to him. After breakfast we sat cuddled on the couch and he was going over plays for tonight's game. "I should go and get ready for tonight" I say standing up and he stands up behind me and I look at him.

"You didn't have to make me a starter. That's already a lot" I said. He steps up to me.

"I know you can do it babe" he said caressing my face.

"I like that you call me that"

"I like calling you that" he said kissing me.

"I could do this all day but I have to go" I said going back to his room to change. I came back out and grabbed my bags. Derek met me by the door and smiles at me.

"I'll see you tonight" he said grabbing my waist.

"Okay" I said smiling.

"Umm...... around game time I get really...........stressed. So I'm not the nicest person to be around so it's not personal" he says and I smile.

"Good to know, bye Derek" I said and kissed him. I got in my car and decided to go run some errands, came back to my dorm to print my report then had to walk it over to my professors class. "Here you go Professor Clark" I said handing her my papers.

"Thank you Vanessa, and we all can't wait to see you ladies in action tonight" she said and the whole class yells. Oh boy. I smile.

"Thank you" I said walking out. My stomach started to turn. I went back to my dorm and it was already 4pm. When I got back to my dorm, I took a shower and when I came out Carson and Jamie were waiting for me. They had cupcakes and balloons and started yelling. "Thank you guys" I said hugging both of them.

"You seem tense" Jaime says and I go change into my undies, sports bra and compression shorts.

"Just nervous" I say. We all stayed in and Carson had brought us back Subway and we all were eating in my room. After we were done eating we were rolling up to 5:30pm and I had 30 minutes. My parents and grandparents were already here, they were grabbing something to eat then heading to the gymnasium. I throw on some sweats and a jacket then grabbed my bag. "I think I'm getting sick" I said feeling my head.