34. Ruined

"There he is" Dereks mom said.

"Hey mom" he said hugging her and she looks over at me and smiles.

"Hi Vanessa, it's very nice to see you again" she said hugging me.

"You too Mrs. West" I said smiling.

"Where's dad?" Derek said still holding my hand.

"You know where" Mrs. West said and laughs and we follow her to the room a basketball game was on. "Honey, he's here" she said after about a few minutes. An older man steps into the hall with the biggest grin on his face.

"Hey dad!" Derek said letting go of my hand and giving his dad a big hug. His dad rubs his back. "So happy you are out of there" Derek said.

"I'm a free man" Mr. West said and smiles. Derek looks at me and smiles.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend Vanessa" he said. Oh boy. His dad smiles and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you darling, you are beauty" he said.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. West, I can't believe I'm really meeting you" I said.

"You a fan of basketball?" he said.

"She's actually on your team dad. This is her first year" Derek said.

"You dont say! Wow! What position?" Mr. West asked.

"I play point" I said.

"She plays every position but I like to keep her on point" Derek said. Wow I guess he really did try to keep me in the game.

"Look at that, already bragging about her" Mrs. West said and I laugh. An arm wrapped around me and it was Derek's older brother.

"Now as I seen you guys walked in, I saw hand holding, does the mean that bitch..." he starts to say.

"James watch your mouth" Mrs. West said.

"Right, does this mean that horrible women Hiliary is out the picture and you and Vanessa are dating?" he said.

"Yea James" Derek said.

"Knew it, Reagan you owe me ten bucks!" James yells and walking away.

"Sorry about him" Mrs. West said.

"It's fine" I said laughing.

"Come on honey, let's go get something to eat" Mrs. West said and I smile.

"Okay, want something?" I said smiling at Derek.

"Nah I'm fine" he said smiling at me.

"Okay" I said walking away and following his mom to get something. After about 15 minutes pass I went to find Derek and he was in his dad office talking to his dad.

"Is that even legal Derek?" his dad said.

"You are acting like she's 15 dad, she's not a minor" Derek said.

"She might as well be 15 Derek. Don't get me wrong, she's a very pretty girl but I don't think it's right for a coach to date his player" his dad said.

"Well thats too damn bad" Derek said.

"Derek, this team is my everything, it's family, those girls futures are in our hands, I beg please don't ruin this for me and those girls please" his dad said. I walked back to where Reagan and Karen were and sat down  on the couch.

"If you don't support the Cavaliers you might as well get out of my house" Karen said and everyone laugh.

"They may take it all" Reagan said.