8. This Or That

"I'm sorry" he said still continuing to hold my hips. He wants to kiss me one minute then the next he pushes me away. "I can't" he said staring at me. What does he mean he can't? He already did! Twice now!

"We should get back to the party before someone comes to look for us" I said walking away again. I get back to the court and everyone was still playing basketball. I sit down at a table near the court to watch. Does my coach like me? I mean that's what it feels like.

"And you're not playing why?" someone says and I look over to see Trevor sitting down next to me.

"I'm in boots and jeans" I said and he smiles.

"You probably can play in anything. Jeans, heels, lingerie" he says and smiles.

"You're a mess"

"Come on Trevor or you aren't playing" a guy yelled from the court. Trevor taps my leg and gets up and walks away. Then coach sits next to me. Oh boy.

"Let me take you back to your dorm tonight" he said and I look over at him.

"Why?" I said and he just stares at me.

"Picture time" Felicity said getting her phone ready. "It's for a collage now come on" she said and Derek and I just stared at her. "Ugh, move closer together so they can tell a player and a coach has a relationship" she said. Oh we have a relationship. I move closer to coach and he wraps his arm around my back and we take the picture. "Too cute, thanks" she said walking away.

"So was that a yes?" he asked looking at me.

"I have a ride" I said staring at the court and I hear him let out a breath.

"If you let me take you home, I will... explain myself." I look over at him and he stares at me. Explain himself?

"Whatever" I agree. When it was getting close to go, I texted Carson saying coach will take me home. Coach West was talking to Coach Iles in the kitchen and I walked in.

"Hey Vanessa" someone said and I look to see Trevor cover in sweat.

"Hey..........sweaty guy" I said laughing and he smiles. "Good game,"

"Thank you" he says and scratches his head. "Umm, I was just wondering if you needed a ride because I can drive you if you want."

"Oh.....I actually already have a ride."

"Oh, cool" he said putting his head down and started to walk away before I grab his arm and he looks at me.

"If you want, we can always go out for lunch tomorrow?" I said and he smiles.

"Yea I'll like that, I'll pick you up around noon?" he said and I move my hair out my face and smile.

"Okay, good. Let me give you my number" I said putting out my hand. He smiles and hands me his phone and I type my contact information in it.

"Thanks, I'll text you" he says smiling and walks away. I look over to see Coach West staring dead at me. Probably was ease-dropping. I walk over to him and look at him.

"Okay I'll meet you at your car in 5?" I asked

"Ok, I parked at the end of the street" he said.

"Okay" I said and went to say bye to Heather, Bianca and Felicity. After I said bye to them I thank coach Iles for having me then walked to Coach West's car and he was waiting outside. As I approach him, he opens the door for me. I smile then get in and he closes the door for me. He gets in the driver side and we were on our way back to campus. It was a silent car ride while the top 100 pop hits played in the background. The air started to get thick and I was annoyed. Like is he going to explain himself? "If you like me why don't you just tell me?" I blurted. He looks over at me then back at the road taking a deep breath.

"It's not that easy Vanessa" he says.

"And why not?"

"Trevor seems like he really likes you" he said changing the subject. I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Do you like him?"

"Don't you have a girlfriend? You know Hillary?" I asked. He stiffens his back.

"We're not together anymore"

"You guys broke up?"

"I really don't want to talk about it" he says and I look down. We pull up to my dorms and he parks the car. "Call it off with Trevor tomorrow" he said and I look at him.

"Excuse me?"

"Your little lunch date, call it off" he said staring at me, I laugh and shake my head.

"Why should I?" I said and he looks away. "You can't do this. You can't just kiss me randomly trying to figure out if you want to like me or not" I said opening the door.

"Call it off tomorrow and I'll show you that I do"

"How?"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow around noon" he said looking at me. I stare at him for a minute then got out. I walked up to my dorm room and there was no Jamie. I changed into my jammies and just thought for a minute. Two guys want to take me out, one was this really hot senior who is going to school for medicine and the second one is my sexy, and now single coach who is so scared to like me? I texted Trevor telling him I have to take a raincheck on lunch and do it some other time. I felt bad but I wanted to hear what coach had to say. He texted back saying ok and to let him know when I'm free. Around midnight Jamie came in.

"Where you been?" I asked.

"Carson and I went to see the fireworks downtown" she said going into the bathroom.

"Oh you have fun?" I ask laying down.

"We sure did. How about you? Have fun with the basketball team tonight?"

"It was alright... but on the bright side I have a date with my coach tomorrow" I said and she walks out the bathroom and stares at me.

"Excuse me?"

"He's single now, so chill on me. And he wants to prove to me that he likes me"

"What the hell happened tonight?"

"Well other than us kissing again..."

"What!" she said smiling and I laugh.

"I'll tell you everything else later, I am so tired" I said laying down.

"Yea you gotta tell me everything tomorrow" she said.

"Will do, night" I said and fell asleep. The next day I wore a dress and long stocking socks with boots. I was so nervous, what was going to happen?