5. The Slip Up

"Coach's compound? Hmm.... I might have to take you up on that" I said and he smiles.

"Okay then Wednesday at my house it is, I'll text you the address"

"Okay" I said smiling and we watched the game. I was so nervous about going to Coach's house this week. What would it be like? Smell like? Look like? The next day at practice we all were stretching and all the girls were talking to one another. I listen in on Felicity's conversation. She was telling us what all happened all last night at someone's apartment she went to. I couldn't express how much I didn't care but I continued to listen.

"All right, enough of the gossip" Coach said looking around at us. "Let's start practice" he adds and we were off. After practice my heart was pounding, like do we not get that I'm about to go to my sexy-ass coach's house. I walked into coach's office and knocked on his door and he looked over at me.

"We still on for tonight?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm ordering pizza, you want some?"

"Sure"

"Topping?"

"Pepperoni?"

"Boring" he said and I drop my mouth and laugh and he smiles.

"Fine then, you pick a topping and I'll eat it" I said laughing.

"Deal" he said.

"See you later" I said and walked back to my dorm. It was so strange how normal our conversations are. Like I could actually talk to him as a friend. I kind of felt like coach had two personalities because it amazes how nice and mean he could be. Carson was in the dorm room with Jamie and he offered to drive me to coach's house because out of all three of us, Carson was the only one who brought his car up to college. I took a shower and changed into my skinny jeans, boots, a tank-top and a jacket. I straightened my hair and put on a little make-up.

"You guys studying or you guys going on a date?" Jamie asked.

"He has honestly just seen me in basketball gear, or jackets and sweatshirts, I want him to see that I am actually a girl" I said laughing.

"He's really hot" Jamie said.

"And he's really not single" I said putting my lip-gloss on.

"And you really think you would have had a chance?" Jamie asked and we laugh.

"I would like to think so, he likes me as a player" I say winking at her.

"And only a player honey" Jamie jokes and I rolled my eyes.

"He's your coach darling, not someone to date" Carson said.

"Well what's the big deal? I'm grown and it's legal to date someone my age and his age, right?" I asked.

"Vanessa..." Jamie says staring at me.

"You guys seriously blew it out of proportion, he's helping me with math and all I know is that his girlfriend would probably be there" I said grabbing my book bag. "Can we go?" They get there things and we get into Carson's car and drive to coach's house. It was in a nice suburban neighborhood. It wasn't a small house but it was a decent size.

"Have fun, and use protection" Carson said.

"I hate you" I said getting out the car and Jamie laughs.

"Call me if you need a ride" Carson says

"Okay bye"

"Nessa, don't you need your book bag" Jamie said laughing.

"Shit, thanks" I said grabbing it and we laugh. "Bye guys" I go up to his house and knock on the door and wait for him to answer. He opens the door and smiles at me.