4. Favorite

"And fail" Carson said and I couldn't do anything but laugh.

"Hi coach, this is my friend Carson" I said.

"Nice to meet you" Coach said.

"You too" Carson said and stood up. "Going to get something to drink because you know... I'm thirsty" he said and I smile. "Want something?" he asked.

"A water please" I said and he smiles and walks away. Coach West sits down next to me.

"Soccer too?" he asked.

"My friend actually plays, so I came to support her" I said looking at him and he looks at me. "You?"

"Usually try to make it to these games when I'm not working my other job. Sports is just my thing. But I actually invited my girlfriend, but she's still not here yet" he says looking around.

"Fun!"

"Have you drank your chocolate milk?" he said and I laugh and look at him.

"Yes coach I have"

"Derek, is my name"

"I'm aloud to call you Derek?"

"Only when we are not on the court"

"Good to know". We sat there watching the game and coach or should I say Derek was getting pretty heated at some calls that were getting made. I stare at Derek as he stands up yelling and I laugh. He looks back at me and it was too fast to play it off that I wasn't staring at my sexy ass coach. I look down and he sits down.

"So much for cheering your friend on" he says and I look at him and he stares at me smirking.

"I am........mentally" I said and he laughs and I smile. I have never heard my coach laugh.

"What?" he asked. Damn, he caught me staring.

"I'm sorry, I would have never thought you knew what humor was" I said and he smiles.

"Good one" he says looking away and I laugh. "Where's your friend?" I look around the stands for Carson. Time has flown by and I totally forgot that Carson was here earlier.

"I really don't know" I said and the buzzer rings declaring the second half is over and we were tied with the other team. "And I really wanted that wanted that water"

"Looks like both of our dates screwed us"

"Umm Carson is gay" I said and he laughs.

"Yes I know" he said laughing again. I can get use to this, his laugh that smile. "Come on I'll buy you a water" Derek says standing up.

"Oh, it's okay"

"I insist" he said. I bite my lip and stood up and walked in front of him to the concession stand and got in line.

"Practice is canceled on Saturday" he blurts out and I look at him.

"It's two days prior that you are telling me this"

"I know. I overheard you ladies in the locker room, some big party tomorrow" he said and I laugh. "I understand you guys want to have fun".

"Thank you coach" I said and he smiles.

"You're welcome." We get to the front and he orders two waters for us. The basketball ladies may be right, I might be his favorite player after all. We get out of line and started to walk back to the stands.

"Der?" someone said and we turn around to see this woman in an emerald dress with brown boots.

"Hilary" Derek says and stares at her. "A little overdress don't you think honey?"