24. Hurt

I decided to go behind the dorms where coach took us in the beginning of the year for a run. I put my earphones and started running down the path. All I could think about is Derek, what I thought we had. I honestly thought he liked me, I mean he said he did but he still choose Hillary over me. After about 30 minutes I realized I was only listening to Drake and Sam Smith songs, oh great. I guess I was so focus on Derek, I forgot to look down and ended up tripping over a branch. "SHIT!" I yelled pulling my earphones out of my ear. I try to stand up when a sharp pain hits me in my leg. "OW!" I cry out and I shine my light to my leg. A huge cut crosses the back of my leg and I see a bunch of blood pouring out. I shake my head and try to stand up again but fail. "SHIT!" I yelled out and I lay on the ground. A breeze goes across my legs and stings and I start to cry. I take my phone and call Jamie.

"Hello?" she says and I take a deep breath. "Vanessa what's wrong?"

"Nessa!" I hear Trevor say on the phone.

"Umm... I fell... and I hurt myself" I said trying to hold back tears.

"Where are you Vanessa?"

"I'm behind the dorms, there's this running path. I did something to my leg" I said.

"I'm on my way Vanessa" he says."

"Nessa stay on the phone with us while we come to get you" Jamie says.

"Okay..." I say. After about ten minutes pass, I started hearing shouting.

"OVER HERE!" I yell and I see Jamie, Trevor and Trevor's friend Nathan. Trevor comes to sit next me.

"Damn it Nessa" Trevor says taking off his shirt. I don't think now is the best time to show me your body Trevor. "I have to wrap your leg until we get to the hospital, okay?"

"Okay" I said. He wraps it quickly and it hurts like a bitch to the point I'm shaking. Trevor picks me up and all I could feel was this sting from my leg as I held onto Trevor closely. When we got to the car, Trevor comes to hold me as Jamie rubs my back and Nathan drives. When we got to the hospital, I went straight into the ER and straight into surgery. By the time I woke up, I look over and the clock says seven in the morning. Jamie and that Nathan guy were on the window seat asleep. Trevor was sleeping to the left of me and to the right was my mom. I slowly touch my mom's arm and she slowly wakes up and looks at me.

"Hi baby" she says pushing my hair back.

"Hi" I said smiling at her.

"I'm going to get the nurse" she says getting up and leaving.

"Hey kid" someone said and I look over and Trevor smiles at me. He sits on my bed and grabs my hand.

"Thank you... for last night. I don't know what I was thinking"

"You weren't. That was really stupid what you did last night Nessa"

"Yea... I know" I say. The nurse comes in and takes my temp and gave me pain killers and left. My dad comes in and smiles at me. My mom and him ended up leaving to get everyone breakfast then came back. Around ten Jamie had to leave to go to work and Nathan was driving her back. "Thank you guys for being with me" I said and Jamie kisses my head. I look at Trevor.

"I know you have practice in a little" I said smiling and he stares me.

"It's okay, I'll stay with you"

"Trev I'm fine. You can't let your team down, trust me I know" I said and he laughs. "My parents are here so I'm okay" I said and he stares at me. "Go" I said pushing him and he laughs.

"I'll come back right after"

"I'll be outta here but okay" I said and he laughs.

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Harrison" Trevor said.

"You too Trevor" my parents say and he leaves. After telling my parents what happened leaving out the whole Derek situation, there was a bunch of noise and all the basketball girls come into the room and I cover my face.

"Yo Harrison!" Felicity said and I laugh at everyone carrying a balloon and Bianca was holding a bear.

"You guys didn't have to come" I said.

"Of course we did" Heather says, Bianca came around to me.

"We're a team that's what we do for each other" Bianca hugs me

"After how I treated you guys?" I said.

"Eh forget about it" Heather said and we laugh. No coach? No surprise. I look down and realize me thinking about him is why I'm here. Around 4pm all the girls left to go out to eat.

"You guys can go, I'll be fine" I told my parents.

"No I don't think so" my dad said.

"It's a scratch on my leg, I'll be fine" I said smiling. "Anyways Jamie will come and get me after she gets off" I added. Then someone knocks on the door and I look over to see Coach West. Oh no. He was holding a bear.

"Hey" he said.

"Hello" my mom said. Derek stares at me then looks over to my parents and shook their hands.

"I'm Vanessa's coach. My name is Derek" Derek said.

"Of course, Derek West!" my dad said smiling.

"We're her parents. I'm so happy you are here, we didn't want to leave her alone" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"So is she going to be okay to keep playing?" my dad asked.

"I just got done talking to the doctor. She probably won't be able to start the season back up until after winter break" he says looking at me. "She can go through rehab for her leg but that might risk further injuries so we should wait it out" he said.

"Yea that sounds good. Or quit all together and do something that won't actually hurt you" she jokes kissing my forehead. "Well I feel better leaving you since he's here. Call us when you get back to your dorm Vanessa" my mom said.

"Okay" I said.

"We mean it kiddo" my dad said kissing my cheek.

"I will" I said and he smiles.

"Glad you're okay Vanessa" my mom said.

"Yea I know mom. Bye" I laugh and they smile at me and leave. I look over at Derek and he walks over to me and sits down on the bed.

"I got this for you" he said giving me the bear. I ignore him and stare at my leg. "Sorry this happened to you"

"It's not your fault" I said and we were both quiet for a minute. "You don't have to stay, you can leave" I said.

"Why do you want me to leave?"

"Honestly I don't want you here with me"

"Vanessa..." he said.

"Please... just go" I said looking down.I feel him stare at me then he gets up and bends over to kiss me on my foreheadthen leaves. I rolled my eyes and a tear dropped.