7. Again

The next day after classes, I was in the locker room silently changing into my practice gear. I was the first one out on the court stretching. I made no eye contact with anyone and just focused on myself. Practice was the usual and we lifted weights after that. When practice was over we went back to the locker room and coach followed us in there.

"As you ladies know, the pre-season basketball party is Saturday for the girls and guys at Coach Iles house. We have practice tomorrow at noon and his party starts at 6pm and I would like it if everyone attends" he said as I put my shoes on.

"When are we ever going to have a party at your house Coach West?" Felicity asked and some of the girls started laughing. I've been to his house already... it's not that great.

"One day" he says and I hear him chuckle. I sit ready to go and waiting for him to finish.

"Does anyone need a ride?" Heather ask. "Bianca and I have been going over there for parties since freshmen year" she added. Some of the girls said yes.

"How about you Harrison?" Bianca said and I look up at her and I can see Coach staring at me.

"No, I'm fine" I say standing up about to leave.

"It's an obligated party Harrison" Coach West said.

"I never said I wasn't going, I just said I didn't need a ride" I say leaving and going back to my dorm. I took a shower and decided to relax that night. The Student Union was playing Night at the Museum at 9pm and Jamie and I went to that. The next day Jamie, Carson and I woke up early to go to breakfast downtown.

"So you guys kissed?" Jamie asked

"Yea but for him it was a mistake. Maybe it was thou" I said.

"No, a grown ass man is not just about to kiss you for no reason" Carson added.

"Well he did and it's whatever. It's so awkward with Coach now" I said and they laugh.

"Do you like him Vanessa?" Jamie said.

"Well she can't really like her coach because well he's her coach" Carson said.

"And he has a girlfriend, let's not forget" Jamie said laughing.

"Well he doesn't like me so it doesn't matter" I said drinking my smoothie. When we got back, I got ready for practice and headed over to the gym. I was in the locker room putting my stuff away.

"Sorry if I hurt your feelings Harrison" Heather said and I turned to look at her.

"You didn't, I'm fine" I said staring at her.

"Then what's wrong?" Bianca said.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I said leaving and going to stretch. Practice as normal then went to the locker room and I grabbed my stuff.

"If you don't go to the party Coach is going to make us run all practice Monday" Felicity said to me.

"What the fuck? I said I'm going" I cursed.

"Whatever it is, you can talk to us about it Harrison" Bianca said.

"I don't have to say shit to any of you. I am fine! Just because we all known each other for two months does not mean I need to tell you every detail of my life, so leave me the hell alone" I yell and walk away. On my way out I bumped into coach. Great.

"Vanessa, can we talk?" he said and I just kept walking pass him. I am already so tired of basketball and the season hasn't started yet. I got back to my dorm and took a shower and looked through my closet to see what I was going to wear. I grabbed my white loose top that my back and sides were all opened, my dark blue jeans and brown boots and my brown jacket. I straightened my hair and did my make-up and sat in my room. It was now 6:30pm and I was late.