*Interlude 2*

By the time Mo Yuan finally came out of his deep rapturous slumber, Bai Qian had already bathed in the hot pool, found something to eat, read a book, watched the stars and slept again before returning to the hot pool where she was still bathing when he finally moved to sit up.

 From where he was half lying half sitting, he could see her and even as the anger in him began to rise again, he marveled at how utterly beautiful she was at that moment.  With her hair lightly gathered into a loose floppy bun, and wisps of hair flowing about her face, she looked like some exotic Goddess from a far away land.

Groaning heavily, he tried to shake away the after effects of the two charming spells she had thrown at him as he rose unsteadily to his feet.  The affects of her magic was still coursing through his body, but it was manageable, though now fully on his feet, and looking down, he could see how potent her magic was, he was still rock hard.

Moving to the hot pool, he slowly entered the water, allowing it to envelope his aching body, but he never once took his eyes from her face.  Resting with her head back against the side of the pool and with her eyes closed, she looked to be asleep, but Mo Yuan was not going to fall for any of tricks again, instead he moved to the far end of the pool out of harms way and to avoid waking her if she was actually asleep.  Though the minute the water hit his back, he hissed so loudly her head flew up to look at him.

The look on his face had her on her feet in a second.  "Mo Yuan!" she breathed out rushing through the water at him as the pained look on his face suddenly changed to alarm.

Raising his hand at her, he shook his head.  "Stay where you are Bai Qian." he said holding in his anger, but not wanting her anywhere near him.

Backing away slowly and a little hurt by his sudden outburst, she did as he asked, but as she looked a little more closely at him, she realized he was still angry with her and not only that, a little fearful too.  Knowing how powerful The Fox Clans Charming Spells were, she also realized it was because of what she had done, that he did not want to be near her.  Was his body still in need? She asked herself suddenly bunching her small hands into fists and bringing them up to her mouth to giggle into them.

Glaring at her from the other side of the pool, Mo Yuan lowered himself tentatively into the hot water, hissing again as he went, but not once did he take his eyes from her face as it suddenly changed from mirth to concern.

"Mo Yuan, you're hurt!  Let me help you." she cried out rushing once again towards him.

"Don't!" his hand came up once again. "Move." he said gruffly as he lowered himself completely,  holding in the last of his pain as the water began to ease the sting from the scratch marks she had raked down his back.  "You stay right where you are." he said a little more forcefully, when he saw she was going to ignore his order.

"But...."

"No buts! I don't need your help." he said so abruptly that she stumbled back, sucking in her trembling bottom lip tearfully.

"Mo Yuan, I'm sorry!" she said looking at him, but obeying as she returned to her side of the pool.

Grunting, he lay his head back and slowly closed is eyes.  He wasn't really angry with her, he was more disappointed in himself for not seeing it coming.  He knew how angry she would be with him and how unpredictable she could be when she angered, she never thought things through, she did whatever came to her head without thought.  It was what he loved the most about her, she was reckless, hotheaded, audacious and gave no iota for the consequences. Her devil may care attitude was as alluring to him as her gorgeous beauty.

But he did need the time by himself to allow his body to calm itself down, her magic was still in him, though he could feel it ease with each passing second and being in the hot water, it was helping.  And as he lay with his head back and his eyes closed, he marveled at the potency of their magic and why it had been kept secret.  He had a feeling she may have used it against their rules, because had he been a lesser man, the effects could have been devastating.