Chapter 10 - Part 1. Hocus Pocus

1 year later

Si Yins days were full and rarely were there dull moments  as he filled each one with activities that interested him the most.  The immense library was his favorite place to hide, but because he was always in there, it really wasn't a hiding place at all, his seniors all knew where to find him.  Though occasionally he would be found in the wine cellar drinking, or in the armory playing with the enormous cache of weaponry.  And on the odd occasion he would disappear completely where none of them would find him, and it was those occasions that had even Mo Yuan scouting for him.  

And it was those rare times that saw Si Yin leave the Mountain without a word to anyone, not even Mo Yuan.  Eventually they figured out that he had left the Mountain, but none knew where he went, and not even the most stealthiest of them all Xing who had the ability to shape shift into any animal or person, could keep up with him. 

 Though he did excitedly return once to inform them he had seen a white nine-tailed fox entering the mortal realm, which caused quite a stir.  The sight of a nine tailed fox was such a rarity, that the news also reached Mo Yuan.

________________________________________________________

After their battle, Si Yin had spent months refining the enchantment spell, and with no one to practice it on, he would flee to the mortal realm to play match maker.  The inner girl Bai Qian took great delight in scouting the taverns for the lonely, and by the end of the evening, many couples would be created with a little help.  It wasn't hard to find a woman with an interest in a man either, the Mortal Realm was full of them.  Throwing the enchantment spell was actually surprisingly easy.  Once a potential couple were found, he would throw the spell at the male, while his eyes were on the female and the effects were instant.  It really was as easy as that.  

Though he knew, if he was found out, the trouble he would in would be enormous.  One of the rules that governed all Immortals, was no one could interfere with the Mortal Realm, their lives, or their destiny.  But like most Immortals, he did not see the Mortals as anything worthy, they lived such pitiful lives, that any kind of assistance to brighten their miserable existence could hardly be seen as interfering.  That he was giving them a chance at happiness, fulfilling their most inner desires stilled any guilt he may have harbored, so he continued with it, until he felt he had mastered it well enough.

But Si Yin knew, it was the Immortal Realm he needed to practice on,  and that was not so easy, because the spell needed a participant willing or unwilling it didn't matter, as long as it worked but it had to be strong enough to affect even Shifu, and for that to happen, he would need to practice on High Immortals or even better High Gods. 

Though being a Disciple of Kunlun Mountain whose every move was monitored, that didn't leave many people to practice on, he didn't know that many people.  Other than his own family, there was only Mo Yuan who would recognize it immediately, and the repercussions of being caught would be far worse than being caught in the Mortal Realm.  Though he could practice on his Disciple Brothers, but who would they fall in love with? 

And that gave Si Yin an idea.  Knowing that the Spring Festivals in the Mortal Realm would begin soon, he organized an outing with his seniors.  The Spring Festival brought all the unmarried girls out, each vying for the eye of the most handsome of men there, in the hope that marriage would soon follow.  It was the perfect opportunity to practice his spell, especially on the High Immortals of which his most senior brothers were, though he would use all of them to practice on.

Now in the Mortal Realm his seniors had spread out in small groups to admire the Spring Festival lights, the hanging lanterns, the street performances and of course the pretty girls who were all dressed in their finest silk dresses, some even wore make up to enhance their features, which drew all of their attention.