Chapter 8 - Truths

For a long time Bai Qian and Mo Yuan sat in the hot pool.  And though her naked body was so tantalizingly close, he did eventually manage to still his mind enough to enjoy the amazing cave that they were in while he listened to her talk.  

During the whole time they were in there, she talked non stop of her time as a Disciple of Kunlun Mountain.  From her initial thoughts right up until present day.  She mentioned every one of her  Disciple brothers, but the one she talked about the most was Liang his 7th Disciple and the beginning of a deeper friendship that only existed her mind.  

She also told him of the bathing ritual and the tuition she had received from her Disciple Brothers, though of course, she was talking to a little girl, so she didn't give any specific details, only that what she had learnt from them would cause a lot of trouble for her brothers if Shifu ever found out, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what she was talking about.  He would be having a very harsh word with his First Disciple when he returned.

But it was when she talked about him, that he noticed her eyes soften considerably. It was hard for him to imagine that she saw anything other than a childs view of her Shifu, when her male form showed no emotion.  It was then that he realized that though the girl may have been hidden behind an impassive and stoic male form, the girl herself was fully aware of the intricacies and minor details of those around her, which of course her male form never showed.

Her observations of him were startling to say the least.  In great detail she defined his character, his habits and even his little quirks, which she took great delight in sharing with a little girl who sat silently beside her listening to every word.  And some of his quirks that he didn't even realize he had almost had him laughing loudly.

"He has this really bad habit of using big words to support a theory or explanation, that's really not necessary.  Like one time, he was explaining the definition of Righteous Indignation and after a lengthy discussion on its meaning, he asked me to give a definitive definition, so I gave him a simple one. Anger without Guilt." she said in one breath before charging ahead.  "And do you know what he said?  Retributive Justice!"  she huffed.  "Can you believe it Dongmei?  she asked looking down at the little girl.  Then mistaking her silence for ignorance, she continued.  "They mean exactly the same thing!  I swear, he does it on purpose." she grumped.  It was a lesson he remembered well.

But she hadn't finished.  In the stillness of the cave he learned so much about himself that her observations of him, suddenly had him wondering just how much attention to him she had been paying.

"He also has this really annoying habit of knowing exactly which direction he is walking.  For once, I wish he would turn left, instead of right even though he wants to go Right. Or West instead of North. He even lights the candles in the same order from left to right.  He can also read two pages of a book at once. Drinks his Tea only when it has reached a certain degree of hotness, for once I wish he would burn his lip!  His calligraphy is so perfect you could hold a ruler across the top of each character and it would be level. He also has an annoying habit of quoting the great Philosophers just to answer a simple question that requires nothing more than a yes or no.  And of course he is always immaculately dressed, that sometimes I purposely pinch his robe when he walks past just to put a crease in it!" she laughed, while he too laughed inwardly.

Thinking she had finished, he sought to learn more, so turning the little girls face up at her, she asked her what things she liked about her Shifu.

"Hmmm.  Well his voice is so gentle when he talks, it's almost sounds like a soft whisper or a gentle breeze on a summer day. The way his eyes look at me, especially when I am in my female form, is so tender and soft and he never looks at the others that way,  but sometimes I can almost feel a longing in them though of course there wouldn't be, he is Shifu after all.  Though he can be grumpy with my seniors, he had never lost his temper with me.  He is dedicated to us all, loyal and courageous, honest and reliable, Intelligent and Ethical, Generous and Consistent,  Charismatic and Brave and of course he very handsome."  She said.