Chapter 4 - Part 3. The Brotherhood

1 Month Later

Si Yins healing was swift.  The healing energy along with the elixir had him back on his feet within a week, but the trauma had been so severe on the girls mind, she cried for days while clinging desperately to Mo Yuan who she would not let go even after he had replaced the spell to return her back to her male form.  In the end, Mo Yuan summoned Zhe Yan.  

Giving her the forgetting potion to remove the memory completely, he then reestablished his spell which had unraveled, while explaining to Mo Yuan, that any experience that would cause severe trauma or excessive excitement, would break the spell.  The trick was to keep Si Yin's emotions in a state of mediocrity, which isnt too hard, considering Kunlun Mountain lived a harmonious life without much drama.

It is then, that Mo Yuan gave a full report on Si Yins progress, which  would in turn be passed onto her father.  Though initially shocked at the treatment Bai Qian had suffered, Zhe Yan did not anger, instead he suggested that it would not be with him that he would have to explain himself, but to her father.  Having never been physically hurt in her life and being the only daughter and a pampered one at that, he knew well what her fathers reaction would be,

And he did not have to wait long.  Her father arrived a couple of days later with every intention of taking his daughter off the mountain.  It took all 200,000 years of negotiation experience to keep her, though The Fox King did issue a resounding warning.  Should she ever be hurt again, he would not only remove her, but Mo Yuan himself would meet him on Mount Cang Wu.  After which he insisted on staying for a full 7 days to ensure his daughter was being cared for appropriately.  "Just be very grateful it is me you are facing and not her mother." he told him firmly.

Agreeing to his terms, Mo Yuan laid down strict rules on all of Disciples regarding their safety when they left Kunlun Mountain.  Not only would they carry a bronze mirror at all times, they were all to be fully trained in non magic, non weapon fighting strategies, which involved intense training in martial arts and martial art warfare.  

On top of it, he personally taught Sin Yin himself,, and after 2 weeks of intensive training which saw him rise an hour earlier than everyone else each morning, he oversaw one of the toughest training regimes ever to be given to a Disciple, and no amount of intelligent negotiation on Si Yins part saw him lessen it.  Not until he knew without a doubt that the boy could manage his safety without the need for his seniors interference.  

____________________________________________________

It was the arrival of The Fox King, that had Die Feng once again focusing on the secret that was being kept hidden from them all.  And though Mo Yuan had told him it was one he did not need to know about, his suspicions began to grow.  Why would the Fox King come to visit Si Yin? He wondered to himself.  And why would he stay a whole week to oversee his care if the boy was merely a wild fox that Zhe Yan had found?

And the sudden change in Si Yins demeanor had been dramatic to say the least, and being a man with the propensity to solve even the most enigmatic of puzzles, this one saw him paying very close attention to The Fox Kings movements while on the Mountain.  But, in the end he could not figure it out.  But he did know, that whatever the secret was, it was so big, that The Fox King himself had come.

And he wasn't the only one surprised at The Fox Kings visit.  Ling Yu too was so in awe of the man, he could barely tear himself away.  He was legendary in the eyes of all the Disciples for his fighting skills, and the chance to meet one of the most talented yet elusive High Gods ever to walk the Realms was momentous.  

 Though the rest of his seniors also wondered at The Fox Kings interest in their youngest junior, none other than Die Feng, really gave it too much thought, being so lost in their guests magnificence.