Chapter 14 - Part 2. Meng Yao

Sorry, I accidentally hit the publish button before this chapter was finished, then had a mini heart attack as I tried to push it back to draft, so sorry if you happened to catch it then see it disappear again lol.    Also this chapter is a little longer than the others, because Meng Yao needed to meet Bai Qian first. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Meng Yao,  Prince of The North East and a friend of Jianyu, also arrived early for his day with Bai Qian, though he was unaware that his friend was also in the running for her hand.  

Having met Bai Qian for the first time 2 days before, he was excited about his time with her.  Having only heard the fast growing stories of her beauty from his many friends and family who had attended the Festival of Peaches, he was initially dubious about the plaudits regarding her beauty, having met so many exceptionally beautiful women over the years, so to learn that she was by far the most beautiful had him wondering if the stories were a little exaggerated as most stories always tended to be.

So to finally come face to face with the legend herself, he was awestruck.  And it wasn't just her exquisite beauty that captured him either, but her gentle spirit and also her very high intelligence.  She was in a league of her own, one that no woman could possibly match, and to think he was being considered for her hand, had him apprehensive.  He had to find a way to win her after only one day, because he already knew 2 of his rivals were known to her, which would make it that much harder for him.  

But in the end, he merely saw it as another battle, one he would not lose, and with a few days to prepare himself, he immediately swung into action, the General fully erupting as he oversaw everything, it had to be perfect, and by the time his day arrived, he was more than ready for her.

Now in the Fox Den, he waited patiently for her father to escort into his waiting hand, and once he had a good firm grip on her, he wasted no more time.  So bowing low to her parents, the left the Fox Den on a cloud straight to The Far North, to an area so remote only a few knew of its existence.

Bai Qian too was excited for this day.  Her first impressions of Meng Yao was elegance.  The man was refined and cultured, but there was something else that immediately caught her attention and it wasn't just his exceptionally good looks either, and he was definitely handsome, almost as handsome as Mo Yuan she thought to herself.  But no, that wasn't it, it was in his eyes.  There was a ruthlessness to them, a dangerous man was hidden behind that smile and soft eyes, but she did not fear him.  No.  If anything, she felt very drawn to his powerful energy that she suspected was rarely released, and when it did, no one could hold him back.  He excited her.

Now that they had arrived at their destination, she could barely contain her excitement and nor could he as he stopped to face her.  "Bai Qian, where I am taking you, I have never shown to anyone else.  No one outside of my immediate family knows of this place, and when we get there,  you will understand why I choose not to share it with anyone else." he said softly, but she immediately became even more excited because in his eyes was a passion so deep she could feel it strongly.  Wherever he was taking her, it was an honor and one she may not be able to talk to anyone else about.

Once again she found herself deep in the heart of a forest surrounded by one of their worlds largest mountain ranges, and as he took her hand to lead her forward, he gave her hand a light squeeze before they set off onto a path that led them deeper into the wild expanse of its green lush foliage.  

This forest was very different to the one Jianyu had taken her to, this one was very similar to the ones on Kunlun, but what did strike her as odd, was the silence.  He explained to her, that there were no animal life here.  "All wildlife is held elsewhere, we are breeders of rare beasts so they are kept in a sanctuary beyond this forest." he said pointing towards the East.  "This forest has only one purpose." he said with a secret smile that suddenly had her smiling back.